Resentment

"Brooke Oni, welcome to the Underground." The tall lanky white man walked slowly towards her with his hands clasped together. 

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Brooke shot back at him, and walked towards him with a look of confidence that radiated off of her just like her boyfriend had taught her.

The guards cocked their guns in her direction and the white African man held his hand up to put down their weapons. 

"You don't know me yet, but you will." The man grinned slyly and looked over towards Erik.  "You see your father was a very important person who belonged to a group of elite individuals who sold a very precious metal on the black market."

Brooke's eyes widened at the sudden realization of the potential unintentional danger that her father put her in. "Vibranium..." She mumbles.

"You're a very smart cookie." He chuckled.

"Erik what's going on?" Brooke asked looking over to him. 

"Don't look at him mate, he was in on it all along." He admitted.

"Is this true?" Brooke asks.  Her voice was shaky as she could feel her blood start to boil, but was able to get her breathing under control long enough to keep the remainder of her sanity in tact. 

Erik nods silently at her question and could see the look of heartbreak in her eyes.  She remains quiet and nods slowly accepting her fate.  "What are you going to do are you going to kill me? Cause if you are I don't give a fuck I don't have anything left to live for." She shrugs.

The South African man chuckled looking at the young woman who stood before him.  "I'm not going to kill you,  but I do want you to work for me." He says walking around her slowly.  "See you Wakandan's have something that I want and only you people can sense when it's nearby.  It's like a sixth sense naturally embedded into your senses... your father was one of our top finders he alongside Erik's father were the best Underground operatives that I had.  With you two by my side we would be unstoppable."

Brooke looked around at the small group of individuals that were around her and looked at the man who was standing before her with a cocky grin on his face.  How was it that this man whom she'd never met before a day in her life already knew so much about her?

"And what if I say no?" Brooke says with her arms folded.

"I don't think you will." The man chuckles darkly and steps aside to let her watch the projected screen on the wall of surveillance images of her, her mom and her mom's friends who she treated like family back in New York.

"You see we've been keeping tabs on you Brooke, and if you say no we can make some of the people you care about disappear with the snap of my finger." He taunts her, walking closer to her.

"Okay," Brooke sighs. "It's not like I have a choice?"

"That's the spirit! Your new Ghost protocol name will be Daniella, when we meet again you will have new passports, ID and birth certificates changed and since you're already comfortable with Erik he will be the one training you.  Training will take up to six months, followed by a series of missions to steal back the vibranium these bougie ass bastards like Captain America use for their own.  Stevens will take you under his wing and show you the ropes.  If you fail to meet the guidelines and procedures during your training period, some serious repercussions will follow.  You're a smart kid though Oni, MIT student with one year left as a bio chem major I don't think you'd do anything stupid to ruin your future." The man threatened her.  "You will refer to me as Klaue, my number has already been added to your contact list in your new phone.  Don't fuck up, or you'll make some people very angry." He grinned turning his head to look at Erik.