Chapter 10 - Partying

Start from the beginning

I sighed, “Yeah. So I’ll enjoy it while I can.”

“You love your blonde wig way too much.”

“I know,” I smiled.

            We snuck past my mom’s sewing room and left my house. We went downtown and met up with Selita and Clementine. We met them a year ago when they were in town for a tour of the school. They live on the other side of town with their parents, but are always coming on this side of town to visit us and throw parties. Selita and Clementine are both known for their wild parties at their parents’ vacation home. The house itself is the biggest one on this side of town and has a large pool in the backyard. Whenever they throw a party we all drink and hang out by the pool. Brittany never likes to drink a lot and usually takes pictures to remind me of how stupid we act when we’re drunk.

            We stepped into the house where hundreds of people were already gathered. The music was blaring and people were dancing everywhere. I grabbed a drink on our way to the back yard to find Selita and Clementine. When we got to the pool Selita and Clementine were in the pool drinking and dancing.

“Hey!” Selita screeched. She got out of the pool and hugged us both.

“This is your biggest party yet!” I laughed.

“I’m only in town a night,” she held up her glass, “let’s party!”

“Only one for me,” Brittany said. “I have to take care of all you drunks.”

“We aren’t that bad,” I laughed.

“Yeah,” Selita agreed, “we’re awesome!”

“Only the coolest,” Clementine added.

“Yeah because you’ll think that tomorrow,” Brittany replied.

“Well I only have tonight,” I raised my glass, “so let’s party all night!”

“Yeah!” Selita yelled. We all raised our glasses and took a drink. “I heard you found someone.”

“I did,” I replied.

“Who is he? What’s he like? I have to meet him.”

“I’m meeting his family this weekend.”

She bumped me, “Come on. What’s his name?”

I giggled, “His name’s Carter.”

“And he’s gorgeous!” Brittany exclaimed.

“Ooh!” Clementine said. “Gorgeous huh?”

Selita took my hand and we all went into the house.

“You are going to have the greatest night of your life tonight!” she yelled.

Everyone in the house cheered and turned the music volume louder.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

            The curtains were pulled away from the window and the sun shined into my room. Pain shot through my head and I rolled over in my bed.

“Don’t play this game with me,” I heard Brittany’s voice.

I groaned a little but stayed where I was.

“Lily Carter get up right now!”

“Fine,” I groaned more and sat up. Pain was still shooting through my head and I put my hands in my hair.

“Do you remember anything from last night?” she asked.

I shook my head, “what happened?”

“You, Selita, Clementine, and Abby all got drunk, swam in the pool, and then went through town for a midnight walk.”

“Wait,” I held up my hand, “who’s Abby? And what did we do in town?”

“Abby is one of the girls at the party,” Brittany answered. “You danced through town drunk.”

“Oh no,” I put my hands up to my forehead. “Do you have the pictures?”

She smiled and tossed me the camera, “It’s all yours.”

            I turned the camera on and scrolled through all the pictures. I was obviously really drunk. I don’t remember any of the pictures but we were so happy. It was hilarious.

“I can’t believe this,” I laughed, “But these pictures are amazing.”

Brittany laughed too, “They were even more fun to take.”

“How much time do I have before I need to meet Carter?” I asked her.

“It’s almost one o’clock in the afternoon,” she answered. “I’m just on lunch break.”

“Oh man. I do need to get up.”

She stood up, “I’ll make breakfast.”

“Thank you,” I smiled. “I want to shower first then I’ll be out there.”

“Okay. Just hurry up,” Brittany said before leaving the room.

            I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I took a shower and changed into the outfit Brittany picked out for me. I really hope his aunt and uncle like me. I still have no idea what kind of life he grew up in…even when I did read his mind. He didn’t think about it a lot. I don’t know what to expect. I want to know everything about the world above us. I want to see it and experience all their technology.

“Lily?”

            I snapped out of my thoughts. I was staring at myself in the mirror. I wonder how long I’ve actually been standing like this.

“Yeah?” I asked Brittany.

“Snap out of your thoughts,” she smiled. “Let’s go.”

“Okay,” I laughed.