Chapter 4

It didn’t take long for the man in front of you to lead you to a beautiful house. On the trip to the house he introduced himself as Muichiro and answered a few of the questions that spun around your mind since you woke up. “We’ll be going to Oyakata-sama tomorrow to report the mission we had today” the black-haired man told you as you entered the house.

You were given a tour of the house so you’d know where everything was located. The last room he showed was the bedroom. There was a warm feeling to this room, warmer than the rest of the house. For some reason you were at ease here, you felt comfortable around Muichiro and in this room, you couldn’t explain why that was but it must have been due to your lost memories.

“I’ll sleep in the room down the hall, if you need anything don’t hesitate to wake me up” he looks you in the eyes as he spoke in a gentle tone. You nodded as he left the bedroom to go to his room. As soon as he left your curiosity begged you to look around the room. The first thing to catch your eye was a window, you decided to look outside. Your eyes were greeted by many shiny stars that made the night so beautiful.

Then you looked into a closet, inside you saw beautiful kimonos and yukatas, it seemed that the closet was shared by a man and a woman. Feeling tired you decided to look for a futon you could sleep on. After searching for one you managed to find one. It seemed big enough to have two people sleep on it. Having set everything up you crawled in and fell asleep as soon as you closed your eyes. While your eyes were closed you heard meows and purring as something got under the warm sheet that kept you warm during the night.

You opened your eyes slowly thinking you had imagined that, but were proven wrong when something snuggled into your stomach. Looking under the sheet you found a black cat there. It resembled the man you a lot. It had big blue eyes that seemed to be giving a bored stare, the black fur varied in length as some parts were longer than other parts. The tail was long and beautiful with the end being a cyan. Upon closer inspection you found the ears were also cyan on top. The cat looked up at you and meowed as it walked up to snuggle into your chest.

Sitting up you took the beautiful cat and placed it on your lap. It was very calm as you did this. Soon you started to scratch behind its ear, it moved its head closer to your fingers as you did this. As you pet the cat it purred and made itself more comfortable. As the two of you were enjoying each other’s company you looked to the window to see the sun hasn’t come out yet. You picked up the cat as you walked to the window mesmerized by the pretty gradient the sky made as the sun rose. The colors of the sky seemed to blend into each other with no effort, the joyful yellow seamlessly turned into a welcoming orange that turned into a lovely pink as it transitioned into a mysterious purple that made you question what would happen today.

Looking down you saw Muichiro training with his katana. He paused to glance at the sunrise and resumed. Deciding to walk to the training ground you walked down the stairs and sat on the engawa feeling another presence there with him Muichiro turned around to see who it was. Upon seeing your face, he smiled and then tried not to chuckle. “I see you still wake up with your hair in a mess” you placed your hand on your head only to notice a bunch of tangled hair on that side of your head.

You looked down trying to hide your face as it slowly turned red as the result of your embarrassment. The black cat decided to go to Muichiro as your face grew red. The black cat jumped into his arms. “I see you meet Yuichiro” he walked towards the engawa and sat next to you. “Where did you find him?” you questioned him as he played with the cat. “I don’t know where you found him” “Where I found him?” you repeated in a questioning tone. You wonder how you found a cat like him and did their names rime?

Before being able to ask more questions, the long-haired man stood up stating you had to meet someone. You both went into your separate rooms to change into your uniforms. After changing into your uniforms, you met downstairs to eat breakfast. You didn’t speak much on your way to Oyakata-sama, following Muichiro you went to a beautiful house. “Come sit next me here” he told you to do so as you waited for Oyakata-sama to arrive. Eventually someone came. You bowed in the presence of this person as Muichiro told you to do when you’d see Oyakata-sama. “My, my you really did forget everything” the woman you believe to be Oyakata-sama spoke.

“Y/N you don’t have to bow to her, she’s not Oyakata-sama” you quickly stood up and started apologizing to her. She giggled at your actions “It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other” her voice was very clam as she spoke. You looked at her as she spoke. She had black hair that faded to purple at the tips, it was tied up with a butterfly pin. Her stature is a petite one, she wore a hatori that resembled butterfly wings. She has a round face that had a smile placed on it. Her big purple eyes looked at your E/C ones. “I guess I should introduce myself since you probably forgot about me” she spoke as her smile grew a bit “I’m Kocho Shinobu”