Part 1 Emma

I woke up gasping for air, trying to let go of the horrible dream. The images flooded through my mind one by one. It had felt so real, so much more horrifying. I tried to force more air into my lungs. I'd been through this before,
I gripped the edges of my bed and waited hopelessly for my mind to settle. Eventually, I fell into a nice stupor only to be reawakened shortly after by the annoying beep of My alarm clock.

Ugh. Why did school have to be so early?

I stared up at the white ceiling of my perfectly organized bedroom. The sun was gleaming in through my window causing the room to be washed over in a beautiful golden tint.

I let my thoughts wander for a while since I had a few minutes before I needed to get up. I tried to limit myself to only good thoughts; ones that would make me feel calm. It was with great difficulty that I found peacefulness these days in the mangled mess of thoughts in my head. Finally, I gave up. I couldn't stand it anymore.
I thought of all the sleepless nights I'd been having and about how I would wake up more tired than I was when I went to bed the night before. I shuddered at the thought of people asking about the dark circles that were starting to form under my eyes. It frustrated me how no one understood how hard it was to sleep at night. How hard it was to keep all the pain to myself. How hard it was to breathe.
No one understood.
No one would ever understand.
I was forever trapped in the dungeons of my mind.
I shivered and pulled the blanket I was under up to my chin. Sighing, I closed my eyes, letting my head fall onto the soft pillow and giving me momentary peace from that train of thought.

 Sighing, I closed my eyes, letting my head fall onto the soft pillow and giving me momentary peace from that train of thought