Chapter 3: No choice

It was about 7 at night and Daniel was going to continue his plan with going to that little party. His dad wasn't going to be home for another hour, and his mom had already when to sleep. He was about to make his way to the door, until he heard someone coming in. He went to see who.

"Dad?"

"Hey, I came home early." He said with a smile on his face as he walked pasted Daniel to but his bag down on a kitchen chair. He turned to Dan. "Okay, I have import- where's your mother?" He asked. "She went to sleep early?" he answered walking a bit closer to his dad to see the important news he needed to say. "Well okay, she knows anyway." After that sentence was said, curiosity had Daniel at hold. "Wait, what do I not know? You going to tell me?" his dad made his made his to Dan, and he put both hands on both shoulders.

"You... are going... to be in the business!" he said with a smile on his face. He expected a positive reaction from his son... but he got the opposite. His face had confusion all over. "What? You want me to be a... doctor? But why?" his dads hand left his shoulders, but his smile didn't leave his face. "Its like a family business! Your great, great, great  grandfather made the hospital, all his sons worked there!" Daniel didn't like where this was going...  "Yeah, okay, but why do I have to work there?"

"All male in the family work there, and your have in education. It pays a lot too to be a doctor." What Dan said next actually caught his dad off gauged a bit. "Well... what if I don't want to?" Dan had a small not in his stomach after saying that, but it was true! "Well, what else is there for you his dad said with his smile faded. "I want to be a write... for fictional book! I-"

"Just like a kid- you need to get your head out of the clouds, and see reality for itself." Dan did get slightly angry after that was said. "Look, its not a escape of reality for me, I'm writing for others enjoyment." His father looked to him without him knowing he was showing disappointment in his eyes. But Daniel can see it clear as day. "First off, fictionalization is idiotic and no one should ignore the really things going on, and second: your 'books' might not be good to sell, and you'll have no money to be stable."

"You don't know that!" Dan said with a bit of rag in his voice. "It makes me happy, and even other! You never take time to know what I like, and now you what to send me off to be a doctor?!" his father looked at him with the disappointment leaving his eyes... but it was quickly replace with anger. "You should be grateful! Most kids don't get an opportunity like this! Some start to work at farms your age! Some are sold to work off there parents debt! And your getting an opportunity of a life time, and you will through it AWAY!?!" he question his son, this had to be the most mad he seen him.

"If it means to go to my dream, THEN YES!! I with through it away!!!!" his dad anger seem to calm down. "You won't work there yet... your going to Alivaka." As soon as he said that Dan went from anger to surprise real quick. Alivaka was a boarding school... "Dad, you can't do this to me!" his dad then turned away. "I did. They will com to pick you up in a week." Dan was left there speechless. He dad walked to his room... but then turned to see his son. "You will not through an opportunity like this away...... but you did through away my respect."

------------------------------------

It was about 8 something, and people starts to fill the house. Of course Hosuh's parents where there to say hi, and welcome them. Hosuh and his older brother where putting food on the table. They felt lucky Stephen had came over to drop stuff of for free. Wow. When he thought of him seeing Stephen that day made him quickly remember his, for lack of a better term, emotional breakdown. But, he said he was going to be okay, and didn't needed help... he decided to drop by at the farm anyway... but what if Stephen just wanted some space?