"What do you mean, he likes me?" I respond, shocked to hear her say that. "He wants to see you again, there's been rumours of these cards that he's sent out before, anyone who has claimed to have one are all ex-girlfriend's now" she raises her eyebrows to copy my expression. "How many?"

I don't see the excitement in this, is it just a way for him to prove all the girls he can get? Herding then with these cards to show them off like trophies when these girls still brag about ever dating him?

"There's only two that have been proven true, some try to say they have one just to brag but you can usually tell when they're bullshitting" she laughs.

Okay so that's not SO bad. But still.

"Are you gonna go?"

For obvious reasons, going to a nightclub alone to meet a man I barely know at 10pm doesn't sound too appealing. Although, for some reason, it also kind of does? It's more like a feeling of curiosity, what does he want? Why me?

Curiosity killed the cat.

"I don't know" I say fiddling with a butterfly charm that hung from a thin silver chain that I keep on my left wrist. It wasn't anything special, I got it for like £2 at a car boot sale and just simply have never taken it off.

"You have to!" Sammy seems more enthusiastic about it than me, but I nod slowly. "I think I might."

The day passes fairly quickly, not that we do much. We watch a couple of movies and just mess around as besties do. At one point we ended up in a pretty aggressive pillow fight - I started it as revenge for my wake up call this morning. Neither of us won so we called a truce, me smirking knowing I had the last hit before the truce so in my own head I won.

I give my mother a call just before 8:30pm.

"Hey mum, can I stay over Sammy's again tonight please?"

"Seriously Melanie? You know I don't like you being with her"

"I was going to do some things with Jess tomorrow" If I brought Jess into the equation, I knew I'd have a 90% more likely chance of convincing her to let me stay.

"Why can't you come home, then go back tomorrow then?" She starts to sound a bit narky.

"Please mum, just one more night"

There's a pause, as if she's thinking about it. Hesitantly she finally replies, "Fine, just don't be home too late tomorrow"

I pull my hand back in a fist and think a "yes!" in my head. "Thanks mum, love you"

"Love you, and Melanie this is the last time so you better stop pushing it."

She puts the phone down and me and Sammy jump gleefully. "Now you just need an outfit" she says leading me to her wardrobe. I didn't think about that. She sees the unsure look on my face. "Don't worry, I'll have something you can wear, and something you'll like".

After half an hour of Sammy showing me some very questionable outfit choices, including a top and shorts that I'm pretty sure was actually a bikini, she finally showed me a dress I liked. It was a lilac skater dress, it was just above mid thigh so I wore it with some cycling shorts and black tights. I brush my hair up into a pony tail and only bother with some mascara, eyebrows and strawberry flavoured lipgloss.