"I love you! You're the best" she leans over to kiss my cheek as I drive. "I know I am" I smirk and I catch her rolling her eyes, giggling. "Big head" she nudges me as I park up outside the cake shop that's doing the wedding cake.

I climb out and open her door, offering her my hand as she steps out. She smiles shyly and wraps her arm through mine. We head to the shop and I speak with the manager and then we're shown to a private room with a table and three chairs.

We take a seat and are soon joined by the manager again. She has a tray with eight paper plates. Each plate has two slices of cake on, each plate is different. "Mmm it smells heavenly!" Dakota giggles as the manager takes a seat facing us.

"So you've got fruit cake, vanilla sponge, chocolate sponge, lemon sponge, pink champagne is our new one, coconut, red velvet and white chocolate with raspberry" she explains to us, taking each plate off the tray and laying them out in front of us.

Dakota's face lights up and I chuckle, kissing her cheek. "I'll give you this sheet to fill out with how you want your wedding cake, we'll give you time to try each cake and then I'll be back around half an hour to see what you've chosen." She smiles warmly at us and we thank her, watching her leave.

"This is kinda overwhelming" she chuckles shyly, taking my hand and knitting our fingers together. "It is, but it's going to be a beautiful day" I kiss her softly, passing her a spoon so we can start trying the cake.

Once we've tried every flavour of cake, we lean back in our seats. "Now we have to decide which" I pout and she giggles. "So we're having two tiers right?" She asks and I nod, watching as she ticks it on the piece of paper. "I think we need to pick two that everybody else will like" she pouts. "What about red velvet? That one was yummy" I point to the paper plate that only has a few crumbs as evidence of the delicious red velvet cake we demolished.

She giggles and ticks it, fiddling with my fingers as we still hold hands. "Pink champagne is probably a no, Dulcie and Ezer will want cake" I laugh and she nods, laughing as she agrees with me.

"How about chocolate? That one will be a winner with everybody" she chuckles and I nod, grinning as she ticks it. Once we fill in the rest of sheet, the manager knocks and walks back through to us.

"How did you find them?" She sits in front of us. "Beautiful, they were all so delicious which made it harder for us!" Dakota chuckles as she does too. "Let's see what you picked." She takes the sheet and smiles reading it.

"So chocolate and a red velvet, with white butter icing on the outside and inside, and a few pale flowers" she grins and Dakota nods, smiling shyly. "I'll show you my flowers and the bridesmaids too, I'd want them to try and match" she gets her phone out, showing the lady.

"Ah okay I see, like pale pinks.. peonies?" She asks and Dakota's face lights up. "Yesss! They're my favourite flower" she grins and the lady writes something down before standing and holding her hand out for us to shake.

"If there's anything you need to change decoration wise, you'll need to phone us no later that seventy two hours before you need the cake" she smiles and we thank her, saying bye before leaving.

-----

We're currently sat facing each other in Dakota's favourite restaurant. We've just ordered our food, pasta Bolognese with garlic bread and salad for Dakota and I got a Texas chicken burger with fries.

"So I know we said no gifts.. but I got you one" she hands me an envelope. "Baby.. you shouldn't have.. why?" I frown a bit and open it, finding flight details for Belfast in four weeks time... two weeks before our wedding.