Chapter 8

I've been in the town of Beacon Hills for a week; everything that I have ever been told about this town, almost sounds wrong. Gerard always said that Beacon Hills was filled with supernatural beings, I guess he should have put more empathize on the word, was. My time here has felt almost lack-luster, I honestly felt like I should be fighting for my life right now. Not sitting in Chris's study waiting for him to return for the day.

I haven't spoken a word to Scott, Derek, or Stiles since the day at the ruins of the Hale house. I've hardly said a word to Chris either, it just hasn't felt right. I don't belong here, I still feel like I shouldn't be here, I should have stayed under Gerard's thumb. That felt like my only option for a long time until I heard about Chris, but I don't feel like I should be here either.

I sighed sliding the clip back into my pistol as I finished cleaning the firearm. I looked to the grandfather clock that stood in the corner of the room finding that it was only one in the afternoon. Chris wouldn't be back for another couple of hours, neither would Scott; Melissa was touch and go, sometimes I would only see her for about five minutes before she was racing out of the house and back to the hospital. I've thought about leaving and exploring Beacon Hills on my own, but my truck is still in the repair shop and I don't know when I'm getting it back.

I sighed resting my pistol down on the desk when there was a crash from upstairs. I grabbed my pistol making sure the safety was off before carefully making my way out of the small study and pointed my gun up the stairs. No one was standing at the top of them, but there was someone moving upstairs still. I looked out the living room window seeing that no one had come home and I didn't notice. I slowly made my way up the stairs with my back to the wall, keeping my pistol pointed up the stairs.

As I rounded the corner at the top of the stairs, I looked into the bathroom finding that the window was broken. That was the crash I heard. I continued down the hall checking every room as I went by making sure that there wasn't more than one of whoever was in the house. Finally getting to the end of the hall, I peered my head into Scott's room shocked at what I found.

Standing over Scott's desk, looking through my bag, a large man stood shuffling around the clothing in my bag. I quietly stepped into the room and held the gun up to the man's head. "Don't move unless you want a load of lead in your head," I growled cocking the gun.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He chuckled raising his hands about his head.

"And why not? You broke into this house and you're obviously looking for something if you're looking through my bag." I snapped pushing the barrel in the back of his head.

"I wouldn't say I broke in," He laughed.

"You broke the bathroom window. That's breaking and entering." I rolled my eye. "Who are you and what do you want?" I questioned staring at his hands. I didn't want him moving or trying to take my pistol.

"Oh right, we haven't met. I'm Peter, Peter Hale. Derek's uncle, Chris's friend, part of the pack. I made Scott into who he is today." The man chuckled turning to face me. I took a step back resting my finger on the trigger of the pistol.

"I don't trust you," I growled.

"Most don't. I did try to kill a lot of people, even slashed Kate Argent's throat, but that turned her into an even crazier bitch than ever before. Truly no one trusts me, but I'm still here." He laughed.

I pulled my phone from my pocket dialing the number for the Beacon Hills Sheriff department. "I'm calling the Sheriff." Peter's face dropped at my words.

"No! No, you don't need to do that." He quickly said trying to grab for my phone. I pressed the barrel of the pistol to his forehead.

"This is a wolfsbane bullet, it will kill you. Back off." I snapped at him as someone finally answers the phone.