𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟓.

***

"You sure this the right address?" Quan asked looking out the window.

I looked at the message Niko had sent to make sure I was right.

Niko

The addy is 2989 Sycamore Street.

Say less..

***

**A/N**
Y'all know what movie I'm talking about 😂.

***

"Yeah this the right addy." I said scooping out the house.

Moments later I seen an all black Jeep creep into the driveway. A person in all black got out looking around and went into the house.

"That's him. You ready?" I asked looking over at Quan. He nodded and we both got out making our way into the house.

***

"Wow I didn't really think you'd come." Normani said pulling me into a hug. She wrapped her arm around my neck and I wrapped mines around her waist.

"I told you I was gon' come, I wouldn't lie to you girl." I said.

"Mhm well let's go get you a drink." She said dragging me to the bar. Quan had ran off somewhere, and by somewhere I mean to go mess with Deja.

We stopped at the bar and she looked at me for a second. "You look like a Hennessy type guy." She said smiling.

This girl loves to smile.

***

"You look like a Hennessy type guy." I said smiling.

He nodded and licked his lips. I quickly turned away to the bar to get this fine man a drink. Moments later the bartender gave me the drink and I slid him a nice tip.

"Here you go." I said handing him his drink.

"Thanks beautiful."

"No problem handsome."

He looked at me the whole time he drunk the liquor and sat his cup on the table when he was finished.

"Only one shot?" I asked.

"Ian tryna get to fucked up tonight." He said not breaking eye contact yet.

Maybe it was the liquor kicking in but King was looking fine tonight. Even though he always looks fine. Something about him tonight made him more attractive.

"You gon' stare the whole time." He asked. I noticed his grills would show every time he spoke.

"We can go to the VIP section, that's probably were Deja and Quan at anyway." I said leading the way.

We made our way past all the bodies and walked up the stairs leading to a private lounge. I grabbed his hand, just so he wouldn't get lost, and lead him to my friends.

***

After getting King familiarized with everybody, we sat down and had a little conversation of our own.

"So tell me miss Normani, how is it being in the spotlight?" He asked taking a small sip from his glass.

"It's great but sometimes I just need a break from it all." I said.

"What's the hardest part about it?" He asked.

I thought about it for a moment. "The hate and discrimination that comes with it."

"Let me guess, your skin color?" He said leaning back on the couch. I nodded my head yes.

"Your melanin is truly magic Mani. You a strong ass black woman who shouldn't be taking shit from nobody. Especially random ass people form the internet. I promise you are truly beautiful inside and out." He said not breaking eye contact with me.

I stared at him, shocked at what I was hearing.

Who knew hood dudes could be so deep.

"You just gone drop knowledge on me like that?" I said laughing. He shrugged his shoulders and picked his drink up.

"I gotta let a brown skin girl know."

***

Chapter 5.

Word count: 592