𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟐.

***

"Mani look!" Deja said pulling me to a cookie store. I stopped her before she could go in.

"Girl how about after we settle in we come back to all this." I said gesturing to the many stores.

She huffed and walked away to the parking lot. I chuckled and followed her to the suv.

She pulled on the door handle trying to get in. "Open this damn door Derrick it's hot." She yelled looking inside.

"What the hell is wrong with that girl?" Derrick said coming from behind me. I turned around and seen many bags in his hands.

"I thought you were just looking around?" I asked raising a eyebrow.

"You know damn well I can't come to New Orleans and not buy anything." He said making his way to the truck.

I laughed and followed behind him. I got in the front see while Derrick drive and Deja in the back.

"We're going to mama Drea's house?" Derrick asked while starting up the truck.

"Yup." I said putting my seatbelt on and leaning back.

***

"Mani! My favorite child." My mama said pulling me into the house. I dropped my bags and was pulled into a big hug.

"I missed you too mama." I said smiling and pulling away.

"I didn't think you was gonna come this early." She said.

"Well I wanted to surprise you mother."

I heard somebody clear their throat.

"I'm here too." Deja said with her arms opened wide.

"Of course I couldn't forget about my Deja." My mother said pulling her into a hug.

"How about y'all go upstairs and settle in." She said waving us off.

I picked my bags up and made my way upstairs to my room.

***

"So any plans today?" I asked sitting at the island.

"Well I invited a close friend of mine tonight for dinner." She said.

"Anything before that mama?" I said laughing.

She turned the stove down and turned around to face me. "No, nothing on my agenda. Why you asking all these questions girl?"

"No reason." I said standing up.

"You better wake that girl up. You know she takes forever to get ready for things." Mama said going back to the stove.

***

Later That Night

"What about this?" Deja said holding up a black silicone dress. I rolled my eyes and took the dress from her.

"Deja we going downstairs girl. Not the fanciest restaurant in New Orleans." I said.

"And? Beyoncé probably show up and I gotta make sure I look good for the queen." She said making another outfit.

I stood up and left her room to go get myself ready.

***

Chapter 2.

Word count: 445