"Maddy, what are you doing?" Cal asks as I keep grabbing things.

"It was bad when you lied to me about your feelings, but its worse when you ask for the truth and get it from someone else." I explain.

"Maddy what are you talking about?" He grabs my arms.

"I'm talking about Harper, Cal. She's with you when I'm not. When you go on tour, who's there? Harper. I can't be everywhere at once, even though I'd love to be. If Harper is so damn important to you, fine. I'll stay out of the way."

He puts his arms down in defeat.

"Maddy..." He tries one more time.
Luke, Ashton and Michael are in the living room. 

"Where are you running off to on your birthday?"Michael asks. "We made plans for you."

"Can we do them later in the week?" I ask. Jared comes to my side.

"We were right, weren't we." Luke says.

I nod. "Sadly, you were. I'll still hang out with you guys, or at least try to but I have to leave. I'm sorry." Jared and I both leave.

"Where are we gonna go?" Jared asks.

"I anticipated something going wrong and mom gave me the guest house." I explain. "We're gonna live there until I can sort things out."
---
*Luke's P.O.V*
                        Something felt weird when Maddy walked out. Everything seemed to freeze and it got really weird. Cal never came down. He stayed in that room for a while after she left. I'm the only one that is trying to play video games but I miss Maddy sitting next to me, teasing me about how I play. Maddy wasn't just Cal's girlfriend. She was all of our friends. She made time for everyone.
                Michael comes down the stairs and throws himself on the couch.

"He's still a wreck." Mikey states. "He fired Harper."

"Well, damn." I say. "Can you tease me about how I play this?" 

He shakes his head. "That's Maddy's thing."

"You know, It's gonna be hard once we realize how many things were Maddy's things." I state.

He nods. "Like, My hoodies won't go missing or my shirts won't end up in her room."

"That could have also been Cal." I point out.

"So Cal wears girl perfume? Nice."
I smile.  "I remember the car ride where Maddy had to sit on Cal's lap cos' you had to bring your guitar."
Mikey smiles. "We have to get her to come back."

"It's Maddy, Mikey. She needs time to heal. She might come back on her own."

"Did they break up?" Ash asks, walking into the living room.

"No clue. No one really said it was over.." I point out.
Cal quietly comes down the stairs.

"Its it over?" Michael rudely asks.
Cal shrugs. "I don't want it to be, but its up to Maddy."

"Let her calm down then try talking to her." I suggest.
Cal nods.
---
*Maddy's P.O.V*
                        I just realized something. Everything was going fine until Jared was gone. Then things got worse when he came back. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but I'm starting to realize how much I don't know him. He never reads anymore, he quit playing guitar and he doesn't write anymore. There's more I noticed. Everything about him has changed. This is not the Jared I remember and it took me awhile to realize it. Now that I have, I don't know what to do...

Or if there is anything I can do.
My phone rings and its Luke's dorky ringtone.

"Hi," I answer.

"Can you meet me somewhere where fans won't listen in our conversation?" Luke asks. "I think its time we had a talk."

I sigh. "Meet me by the river in ten."
I get off the small, brown couch. 

"Where you going?" Jared asks.

"To see Luke. He wants to talk to me."
He says nothing and goes back to what he was doing.

I get out of there as fast as I can. Luke got to the river in maybe three minutes.

"Lets not set a time frame next time. We both were here before five minutes." Luke points out.
I laugh. "Agreed."

"Cal fired Harper. We didn't have to tell him to, either. After you left, he called her and fired her. He said it was better if he had you than her." Luke explains.

"I love Cal, I really do, there's just too much going on right now. I'm living with someone I barley know, my sister has yet to call me and let me know she's out... damn it." I stop my self.

"You have a sister?" Luke asks.
I nod. "Long story short, she went crazy after Jared died and when I told her he was back, she got worse. Not in a bad way, though. She was supposed to be out by now, but something is stopping it."

"Why don't you come back and we can all help you with this." He offers.

"Cal doesn't need to see me right now. Its best if I stay away and let this all play out."

"Maddy, there's the slight chance that maybe Cal doesn't need you. But that won't stop him from wanting to keep you. Cal's that person to find a place for everyone and yours is right next to him. You just gotta stay in it. Yes, he's kept secrets and yes, y'all fight, but that's a good sign. What's a relationship without any fights here and there? Cal loves you and he loves helping you. He'll help you through this even though his thoughts may be biased. He will still be there. The question is... Will you let this be the end or will you fight for what is right? I suggest you fight cos' we all would love you to come back." Luke says.

I think that's the longest thing Luke has ever said. Not just to me, to anyone.

"Luke, I'll think about it."
He nods. "Come to a party with me. You need to relax. Have some fun."

Fighting this right now would be pointless. He's right. You need some fun. You need to forget everything even if maybe for three hours.

I nod. "I'll be there."