🧪Chapter 19~ Scientifically Stupid🧪

Comenzar desde el principio

"The first thing we're making in our giant science project is..." Senku muttered and looked serious, "...a cotton candy machine."

Senku noticed the twinkle in [Y/n]'s eyes that he missed so much. He could tell that she was excited to finally have something to satisfy her sweet tooth after 3,700 years.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

After heating, modeling and cooling the iron, Senku pulled on the pole.

"What's this?" Suika asked.

"You put sugar crystal here and spin it around. The centrifugal force pushes the molten sugar out through the small holes, resulting in thin strands. That makes cotton candy." Senku explained while spinning the model, "But what do you think would happen if you used gold instead of sugar?"

Chrome and [Y/n] thought for a moment. "We'll get gold threads!" They cheered.

Senku smiled. "Correct. Ten billion points." Senku said, making [Y/n]'s chest tighten. Ever since she admitted to herself that she was in love with Senku, almost everything that Senku did had an effect on her.

"Oh, like the wires in electronics. The conversation's IQ is finally going back up." Gen muttered to himself.

"All right! Let's go get the gold!" Chrome cheered while running to the shed.

"No, gold is precious. We can't afford to mess it up. Let's try cotton candy first. We have to test it out." Senku said.

"Ah, you're right. We need to taste...I mean, test it." Gen said.

Senku, Kohaku, Gen and [Y/n] were ready to head to the village for supplies.

"Wait, [Y/n]-chan." Gen said in a cheery voice while placed his hands on both of her shoulders. "Could you stay with me for a bit?" He asked, which confused [Y/n].

"A-All right..." [Y/n] said and watched as the team left. Senku couldn't help but look back at Gen, who was talking happily with [Y/n].

Senku knew exactly what Gen was doing, and he hated it. 'Where's that damn pig with you need him?'

[Y/n] sat with Gen on the ground in front of the shed. He had a mischievous grin. "I know what you're doing Asagiri Gen, and I don't like it." She said while crossing her arms.

"What do you mean? I'm only trying to get Senku-chan to like you more." Gen said, and [Y/n] sighed.

"I don't need him to." [Y/n] said, shocking Gen for a moment.

"Why not?" Gen asked.

"Life." [Y/n] responded and let a shaky breath, "Loving Senku hurts so much that it makes me want to cry every time I think about it. I hate it. But...I'll endure the pain for both me and Senku, so Senku can rebuild civilization."

"And if that happens...? What would happen after that?" Gen asked.

[Y/n] stared at her lap with a sad smile. "Senku promised me that we do an experiment together." She began.

"Experiment?" Gen repeated, and [Y/n] nodded. She looked at Gen.

"It'll be anything I want. I've already made an experimental procedure, hypothesis, gathered materials, everything. The only thing left is Senku." [Y/n] said, making Gen curious.

"What is it about?" Gen asked, and [Y/n] blushed a bit.

"It's a social experiment. Senku believes that love and relationships are illogical, I want to...convince him otherwise." [Y/n] said.

Gen gave her a deadpanned look. "So...like a date?" He asked.

[Y/n]'s blush darkened. "Y-Yes, but he wouldn't know it was a date." [Y/n] stuttered.