3|More than meets the eye

(My POV)
I was given the room that was across from Benonic's room. I honestly didn't complain about it, in fact I was actually grateful that They were all being so nice to me. They didn't treat me like I was A princess and They didn't treat me like I deserve to be locked up either.

Kaze was the one that told Benonic which room I would be staying in and asked him to take me there once it was time for everyone to go to bed. Though since I was in the body of a 9-year-old I ended up going to bed at the same time that sonic and shadow went to bed.

~~~In my dream~~~

I was walking around in the middle of what appeared to be a forest. I was super confused. What was I doing here and how did I even get out here?

(Me)W-What's going on?

I then heard something behind me, and I became super nervous. could somebody be...following me?

(???)...Well you're quite the curious one......aren't you?

My eyes widened when I heard someone talking to me. I turned around and saw a brown and dark red hedgehog towering over me. My eyes widened even more as I realized who was standing before me.

(Me) R-Rakar?!

He grinned at me knowing that I had gotten it right. But that only made me even more scared.

(Rakar) that's right...Emma.

I backed up away from him further. I wanted to get away from him, and that was when I noticed my parent's dead bodies lying on the ground beside him!

~~~End of dream~~~

I woke up with a loud gasp as I looked around the room. I sighed realizing that it was just a dream.

(Me) {But it felt so real}

I thought as I got up from the bed. I figured that perhaps a little bit of fresh air might clear my head. I knew I couldn't go outside so I decided to see if the castle had a balcony nearby. I mean for crying out loud it's a castle there's got to be at least one balcony somewhere!

(Benonic's POV)
I had just finished my rounds of patrolling the castle and was just about to head to bed when I heard a loud gasp come from Emma's room. I got worried and was about to go check on her but before I could even get close to the door she came walking out and started walking in the opposite direction of where I was standing.

The look on her face really worried me, so I decided to follow her and see where she was going, only to find that she had stopped at a balcony. Just by looking at her I could tell something was wrong. I walked up to her and touched her shoulder to get her attention. She seemed shocked at first but when she looked at me there was a mixture of sadness yet relief on her face.

(Me) oh, it's just you Benonic.

I tried to ask her if she was OK but she just tilted her head giving me a confused look.

(Me) Oh, sorry... but I can't understand sign language Benonic.

I could tell that she felt bad that she couldn't understand me, but I didn't want her to feel bad, I mean it's not a bad thing that she can't understand sign language. I then pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil. Once I had The question written down I handed her the paper.

(Benonic) [Are you okay?]

(Me) Y-Ya, I'm okay Benonic. I just had a bad dream is all.

I felt so bad for her. I mean a bad dream is no laughing matter. For crying out loud everyone has had their fair share of nightmares.

(Benonic) [Do you want to talk about it?]

She then explained her nightmare to me and I felt so bad mean that must've been really scary for her. And then gave her a hug and tried to help her calm down, she seemed to calm down and so We released each other from the embrace we gave one another.

(Me) Hay Benonic, can I ask you a question?

I nodded my head letting her know that she could go ahead and asked me what she wanted to ask. Though I was a little shocked when she asked me why I wore the mask. I took out a piece of paper and explained to her why I wore the mask saying things such as that I didn't want people to be scared of me for what I really looked like.

She asked me if she could see what I look like without the mask on and I was a little shocked. I didn't want to scare her but she really wanted to see what I look like without my mask, so I reluctantly removed my mask and avoided eye contact with her. Though what she said next I was not really expecting.

(Me) Cool...

I was a little shocked when I saw her looking at me with a smile on her face instead of fear. And so as I took her to bed I let her know that she could feel free to call me Ben. One thing is for certain......this was one event full day.