The Girl With all the Answers

The girl with all the answers

Forever is a long time when you are an immortal, I mean we hear everyday humans saying things 'I'll Love you forever' or ' I would never do that' and even for them is hard to keep those promises, so when you are as old as time you can never know what will happen, humans are predictable, but gods not so much, because for life not to become meaningless or boring we need to be in constant change, my name is Ruby and I'm not as old as time I'm just half a millennium old and time doesn't means much for me, because my life doesn't mean much for me I'm the new goddess of the Oracle of Delphi.

 The new goddess of the Oracle of Delphi because my successor Phoebe, well Phoebe gave up the powers of the Oracle to go live some white picked fence life with Hercules  and that's exactly the reason why I'm not allowed to have a life. The Oracle normally choose one person to talk to every millennium and after Phoebe gave up her powers Zeus had to wait a millennium and a half for me to come along and he doesn't want to take any risks with me, so he and the other gods keep me locked here in this room, just me and the oracle (which looks like a big tub if you ask me), a bunch of pillows, my books and my flowers... I'm not allowed to have regular visitors except for Zeus and Athena... Ow, and sometimes Aphrodite, she was my favorite she would come and tell me tales of love and things that I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to see in my life.

I remember vaguely that I wasn't always a god, once I was mortal and I wore beautiful gowns and laughed with my sisters and was going to marry this man, who I did not knew, but that was the way things worked at that time. And then at the age of 15 I was taken by this beautiful man who told me that I had to come with him that he and his people needed me and I of course came, at the time I was a lady but I never said I was happy being one, I wanted adventure and my one and only adventure led me to this room...

Sometimes I still dream of the men who took me away from my life, somehow I couldn't find strength in me to blame him for what happened to me he was just so nice when he took me... He didn't actually take me, he asked for me to come with him and I came. I knew he was another god I just didn't know which one... I missed him.

Today started like any other day, I woke up and threw some of my magic powder in the plants so they would blossom, like every day I didn't bother to change form my pj's because I knew I wasn't going anywhere. Later that day Aphrodite came and told me about the two mortals she met not long ago that were the cutest thing she has ever seen and she gave me a new book, one called 'twilight', I read in the same day and wondered why anyone would want to get bitten.

It was late when my day started to differ, it should be eleven at night when the Oracle started to boil indicating that he had something to say and I inserted my hand in the water to hear, the excruciating shocks started to pump through my body like they always did and I felt myself hit the pillows before the vision swallowed me whole.

I was in Olympus at the throne room all the gods were sitting in their thrones, they looked bothered by something.

"We need to do something, Zeus, Hades must have gone crazy." Poseidon pleaded.

"He has not gone crazy, he has a plan. Those kids... How do they call them? High school kids! That is it! Those high school kids don't mind for their own safety, they are eager to believe anything; they are almost as bored as us during one of Artemis' birthday parties, so Hades is tempting them, he sends his kind to the school and they influence the human kids to do terrible things. He's a psychopath, but he isn't stupid, he is creating a future where he has all the power." Zeus said and he looked as agitated as Poseidon.

"We should send some of our own to stop this madness." Athena said wisely. "Five to be exact, they should be able to handle it."

"Fine! Hecate, the goddess of magic!" Zeus yelled.

"My son, the god of ironic love and beauty, Eros!" Aphrodite yelled.

"Deimos, god of terror!" Ares yelled.

"Iris, goddess of messages!" Hermes yelled.

"We should send the goddess of the Oracle too."  Aphrodite said.

Most of the gods didn't even know my name; I was just the goddess of the Oracle.

"We are not sending that goddess anywhere, Aphrodite!" Zeus yelled.

"Aphrodite is right, for once in her life, her predictions will help the others to frustrate Hades plan!" Artemis reasoned.

"She hasn't been to earth in half a millennium she won't even know how to act" Zeus argued.

"The other four can teach her and besides she's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen she will be useful!" Aphrodite argued back.

"That's what I'm afraid of! Fine, but we have to order the other four to protect her no meter what!" Zeus said very stubbornly.

"Of course, I will personally talk to my son!" Aphrodite said triumphantly.

"Someone call Ruby and that someone has to take some clothes to her!" Zeus said into the air.

All the room started to bubble with excitement to see the mysterious goddess.

I regained consciousness I was on the floor and my whole body was throbbing as every time the Oracle sent me a message, but that didn't meter.

I WAS GOING TO EARTH!!!!!!!!!