This murkiness kept getting worse which has been causing Izuku to lose focus in class. Unable to keep going like this, a frustrated Izuku goes to the staff room to find All Might. Midnight had told Izuku that All Might was out jogging. Once he confronted All Might...he demanded him to tell him the truth...

Mikoto: What....So Nighteye wanted Mirio to have All Might's quirk after he retired but he's upset that you have it...?

Deku:....Yes...

Mikoto made a frown. If he didn't like Nighteye before...he didn't like him now...hearing Izuku side of the story made Nighteye sound like a jerk...

Izuku was frustrated with all these new developments and is angry that he is being denied without knowing anything; worst of all, he doesn't know All Might's hidden intentions which is why he was unable to focus.

Mikoto felt the same way due to the fact that he was carrying a lot of burdens under the belt.

Deku: I just doesn't understand why All Might didn't tell me these important details...

Mikoto: IDK why either why. You're not just his fan but as his successor. He should've told you this by now...Damnit All Might...

All Might had told his story...

Like Riku had explained some time ago to him, Mikoto learned that Sir Nighteye was a huge fan of his and wanted to be his sidekick, but All Might refused.

However, Nighteye was so persistent that All Might eventually let Nighteye be his side kick. Nighteye was the brains of his operations since his physical abilities weren't that impressive.

Izuku understands that Sir Nighteye took on a supporting role while All Might fought on the front lines and they got along well. All Might agrees that he and Sir Nighteye got along well, but six years ago, they dissolved their partnership due to his injuries and because of the differences in their values.

Mikoto: And he wanted All Might to retired huh...?

Deku: Yeah...All Might refuses too since the world was waiting for his return and he wanted to answer their pleas...

Mikoto:.....

Sir Nighteye tells All Might that his grievous injuries will cause agony for all parties involved and his respiratory system is completely damaged. Sir Nighteye had begged All Might to retire and let his legend live on for the sake of the peace he desires. Nezu agrees with Sir Nighteye and tells All Might that he can look for a One For All successor at U.A, to which Sir Nighteye finds Nezu's idea to be the best solution.

All Might asks who the Symbol of Peace will be until he finds that successor. Even though All For One is gone, they live in a society of superhumans and another All For One will eventually appear. Sir Nighteye helps All Might to his feet and understands the importance of the Symbol of Peace, but if he keeps pushing himself, All Might will no longer be able to smile.

If All Might plans on continuing as a Hero, Sir Nighteye states that he will stop supporting him. All Might notices that Nighteye was "looking" at him with his Quirk. Sir Nighteye tries get All Might to agree, with him saying that even if he retires, the next Number One Hero will eventually rise and although that "short while" will be difficult they may be able to ward the villains off.

But that didn't work at all...since the period of fear last for a short while..

Deku: Miichan...

Mikoto: Yeah Buddy...

Deku: All Might had stated that when me being "Quirkless" had made me a befitting candidate over the others. Sir Nighteye was pretty upset about that decision. He even told me that I was not fit to hold the power for One For All...