Chapter 4

When my parents got to the school, they all hugged me and said they loved me about 40000000 times. I didn't mind though, because I like hearing my family say they love me. I told them about what I did, to save my classmates, and they were so proud of me. They were so happy that everyone remained safe.
Since the intruder was there until the day ended, my parents took me home. When we got home my heart was beating so fast, and for the next 6 nights I had nightmares about the event. I had nightmares where instead of running to the gas station, we stayed in the room, and the teacher forgot to lock the door, and he came in and shot us. That was the nightmare that I had all 6 of those nights. On the 7th night me and Nick had a sleepover, and I didn't have the nightmare that night.
The next day, school was cancelled. I immediately texted Nick when I found out school is cancelled asking him if he wants to come over and hang out today. He responded with sure, and he came over and we played video games all day, right up until dinner time, when my dad took us out to get wings. Nick and I love to get wings, because who doesn't love chicken wings. We always get medium spicy chicken wings. They are amazing. After we had our delicious wings, since it was a Friday I asked my dad if Nick could sleep over at our house. He said it was fine, and Nick's parents said it was fine. Like I said earlier I didn't have that nightmare that night that Nick was sleeping over at my house. When we woke up the next morning, we had chocolate pancakes. When I took my first bite, the melted chocolate warmed my mouth, with its sweet, sweet taste. When Nick went home, I texted Joe and asked him how he was doing. He was the one that the intruder put the gun to. He said he has been having nightmares ever since, which makes sense. I think I would be having nightmares if someone threatened to kill me, and put a gun to my head on live T.V. I was freaking out, but I didn't even have a gun to my head. I can't imagine what it was like for Joe. I asked him if he wanted to hang out, and he responded with yes, so we met at the park. He looked pretty shook up, and he looked paranoid that someone was going to do that again. He was looking around the park every 5 seconds, making sure that no one was close to him, or trying to kill him. I really felt sorry for him, because he was so paranoid, and he looked like he was scared to even go outside. Let alone to the park of the school where he almost got shot in the head. Although we are in middle school, we have a playground, because the elementary school, the middle school, and the high school were all in a close radius. If you went to the schools, then you would be on that campus up until college. Joe and I talked, and eventually he had to go, so we said our goodbyes, and we both went home.