Chapter 2

The next day, when I wake up, I rub my groggy eyes and get out of bed. It's a Friday, and today is the day that the supposed bomb is supposed to be in the school. I walk over to my closet and pick out an outfit. I put on my clothes and look in the mirror. I see me, at five foot eight, in black gym shorts, and a red Ohio State jersey. I love Ohio State. They have been my favorite team since I was about 9. I used to live in Ohio. It was a beautiful state, with lots of trees, and very kind people. Ohio has really shitty weather though. You would experience all 4 seasons in one week. Anyway, as I brush my teeth, and walk out to the bus stop, just as my bus arrives. I step onto the dirty bus, and walk to sit down next to Nick. The bus driver tells me to sit down, as I was anyway. Our bus driver is a total bitch. She is only like 40 but she acts like an old hag. She tells everyone to quiet down, because we aren't allowed to talk on our bus, like I said before total bitch. As we start to get just under a mile away from my school, our bus breaks down on the side of the road. We evacuate the bus, just to make sure, as later the bus catches on fire. Since we live in California, and we are in the mile radius from our school, we can hear anything that happens at the school that would be a hazard. Another bus on the way, comes and picks us up and we go to school and arrive on time.
As I arrive in first period, everyone is talking about the bus that I was on that borked down and caught on fire. The bomb didn't happen or at least not yet. After first period I start to walk to my second period class, when I hear on the announcements that everyone had to run to their second period classrooms and start the lockdown procedure. I run as fast as I can to my science class, and hide as far away from the windows as possible. I can hear my heart beating in every part of my body. My heart is beating at about 10000 miles per hour, and I'm breathing heavy, because I'm so scared. I hear gunshots outside in the lobby of the school. The intruder has a full automatic assault rifle. That scares me even more. I hear police sirens in the distance and then I hear the intruder walking down the hallway where my second period class is. He is attempting to get into the classrooms, trying to see if any teacher forgot to lock their door. I wonder why someone would try and kill kids. It's such a terrible thing to think of doing. As he gets 3 classrooms away from mine, I think of a way to survive. There are giant windows that open in the back of the classroom, and we are only on the first floor, so we could get out of the classroom. My survival instincts kicked in, and I tell everyone, to follow me. I run to the back of the classroom, open the windows, help everyone out, then climb out myself. I tell everyone to follow me. Then, I just run.