6

6

“Wait what?!?” Flash asked still in shock, he had his hand clenching his neck to ease the pain. Mr. Thompson was equally surprised, and the rest of the class had their jaws slacked. However, before more people could ask questions the elevator dinged and one more person stepped off.

The man looked at Tony, then Pepper and then to Peter. He smiled at his nephew. “So, who’s the one trying to hurt my future boss?” The kids pointed Flash and the boy gulped big time.

“You two are coming with me.” The man walked over and began to escort Mr. Thompson and Flash towards the door. The teens all the while to in shock to even ask who it was. Pete smiled as Happy walked the two to the door.

“SO, WhAt ThE F*** is going on.” Finally, someone other than Flash had asked the question and the three in question turned around to face the asker. This time it was none other than one Michelle Jones.

“Well, I do believe we just kicked those two out, Right Junior?” Pete nodded and let go a soft sigh. The day was really beginning to be long… Way to long for his own liking.

“No… What is it with you three?” She pointed towards Tony, Pepper, and Peter who had all at once gone a bit stiff and shuffled back a bit. Tony rubbed his hands through his hair and Pepper said nothing.

“Well, we’re… we’re Pete’s adoptive parents. When his aunt died, Me and Pepper came to the decision to adopted him. He had been living with us already on the weekends, so it wasn’t a crazy change but… It wasn’t something he wanted to advertise.” Mj nodded, she could understand why it was Peter after all.

However, that didn’t make her any less angry about this. She turned from Mr. and Mrs. Stark and looked Pete in the eyes. “You and I are going to have a conversation, and you’re not getting out of it.” Pete really regretted not telling her sooner.

“Okay now that that’s over with, we can all head down to the cafeteria. Mr. and Mrs. Stark, will you be joining us?” Harley had finally managed to regain control; he was worried he had lost it all long ago. However, Mj’s anger seemed to quiet everyone down.

“Well, Pete is Mr. Delmar in?” Pete nodded; he was there most days.

“Yea, I guess we’ll come with, makes it less hassle if Mr. Delmar doesn’t have to bring it upstairs.” Harley nodded and the group followed behind him as they walked towards the elevator. The group stepped on slowly and Friday began to move towards level 60. It was the smallest, yet most important food court.

The floor had Mr. Delmar’s and a shawarma join, not to mention the ungodly amounts of Pizza places. Ohh and a Chick-fil-A.

The elevator eventually came to a stop and the teens swarmed out towards different areas. Their cards had 40 dollars’ worth of food credit on it and so everyone was free to get anything. Pete, Tony, and Pepper all headed over to Mr. Delmar’s and picked up their Sandwiches, fries, and drinks. Fri had already notified Mr. Delmar about ten minutes prior.

The three walked over towards a door on the far wall near the elevator. The door had a keypad and required identification to get in. The three pulled out their cards and began to swipe in. “Hey Dad, can Mj, Ned, and their parents join us.” Tony nodded and the three waited a few seconds for the four to get their food.

“Hey guys, you can eat with us.” The four-headed over and walked in with the Starks. The room was cozy and well decorated. There was a lounge area in the corner and a drink machine in another. A nice couch sat in the centers with a coffee table in front of it. And on the wall in front of the couch sat a 60-inch tv that played a news channel.