Chapter 1 ~ New Years

Start from the beginning

'I will avenge you.'

...

The elevator dings, opening up to the floor the party is on. Steve and I step out as we look around. People are wearing nice, fancy dresses and suits and most are really drunk. The music is very loud and the flashing neon lights are bothering my eyes. I already know I'm going to have a headache by the end of the night.

"I hate going to these parties sometimes," Steve mutters.

"Then why did we come?"

"Because we live here."

I laugh. "Touché."

We make our way through the crowd until we find the other Avengers sitting on the big couches.

"(Y/n), you look nice as always." Natasha compliments as the two of us join the team.

"Thanks, Nat, you too." I plop down next to her and give her a quick hug.

"Steve you look nice too," Nat says.

"Thank you." He responds and sits down next to me.

"That's only because I made them wear those outfits. Your welcome." Tony Stark comes out of nowhere and plops down right next to Steve.

I roll my eyes at him before looking at Thor. "Thor I thought you were going back to Asgard," I say to the god.

"I was but Stark insisted that I stay for the party," Thor replies.

"Well you clean up very nicely. Same goes for Bruce and Clint."

"Thank you Lady (Y/n)," Thor says.

"Thanks," Bruce mutters.

Clint scoffs. "Of course I did. Who doesn't love this face?"

I roll my eyes. "Alright Bird Brain."

"It's almost midnight!" Tony jumps up from the couch. So do the rest of the Avengers.

Tony makes his way to the front of the crowd where a little stage is at. He taps on the microphone. The DJ turns the music down.

"Testing, testing. Is this thing on?" Tony speaks into it. The mic screeches, silencing everyone as they cover their ears. "Sorry." Tony mumbles. "Anyway, I would like to thank you all for coming to another awesome party!" The crowd cheers. The team and I stay in the back, we applaud with everyone else. "It's almost midnight! 2014 is around the corner!" Once again we all cheer.

"Have any New Year resolutions?" Steve asks me.

"To go a year without casualties."

Steve laughs. "With the lives we live, I don't think that's possible."

"I know, but it's worth a shot."

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1" I zone back in at the countdown.

"Happy New Year!" We scream and the music resumes.

The team goes into a group hug, Tony comes back from the stage and joins the hug. As we pull away I see Nick Fury, the director of SHIELD, make his way to us.

"What's up Fury," Tony says.

"Stark." Fury nods to him. He looks at me and Steve. "I need to speak with you two."

Steve and I share a look. We walk away from the group to the corner of the room where we have more privacy.

"SHIELD is moving to Washington D.C. and I want you two to come with." Fury tells us.

'Straight to the point I see.'

"When do we leave?" Steve asks.

"As soon as possible. We already have an apartment ready for you both." Fury answers.

I look up at Steve excitingly. "This is definitely the start of something new." He smiles down at me.

"We'll start packing right after the party," Steve says.

Fury nods. "I'll be looking forward to working with you both again soon." And with that he walks away.

We join the Avengers once again.

"What was that about?" Tony asks.

"Fury wants us to move to D.C. right away. That's where they're relocating SHIELD." I answer.

"So this will be the last time we're all together for a while then," Thor says. We all nod sadly. I'm gonna miss them.

"Well let's make it the best night of our lives then!" Clint yells.

"Yeah!" We all cheer and party like there's no tomorrow.

So here's the first chapter of the second book! I know I said I would post after midterms but I got lazy plus I had to find a good cover for the book. I'm gonna post three more chapters after this so stay tuned!