𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙆 𝙊𝙍 𝙎𝙒𝙄𝙈

Start from the beginning

"Trust me, you don't mean that Sam." Dean wasn't exactly convinced with his acclamations.

"I can't say that I don't Dean, we solved that case for a reason. Quinn was supposed to be set free from all of this, not sucked into the life like us."

"You've always wanted to protect this girl." Dean smirked at his brother who immediately broadened his shoulders in defense.

"We save who we save."

"Dude. You totally had this puppy love crush on her since you were like what, twelve?" Dean continued to tease him, knowing how much the memory of her sort of tugged at his heartstrings.

Dean figured his brother needed it. He knew how dark Sam's thoughts got, ever since what happened to mom.

Sam grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder, his eyes glancing back at Quinn who fought back tears, avoiding his stare.

"Sam." Quinn called at the sound of her window rolling down, the boy turning around for what would probably be the last time. Again.

He turned back around, as he waited for the words to pour out of her. Quinn pursed her lips, auburn-brown dark eyes slightly more vibrant at the nostalgic sight of a close childhood friend.

"Take care of yourself." She faked a smile, nodding once. "Stanford's not gonna know what hit them by the way."

Sam slowly walked up to the girl's window, her elbows rested on the window's sill as her gaze never broke away from him, knowing this'd be yet another goodbye on both their ends.

"So I guess this is goodbye." Their eyes remained on each other's, her chin propped in her palms as Sam shook his head.

"You don't know that." Sam dismissed her, Quinn just shaking her head disbelievingly.

"Running into you twice would have to be fate."

Quinn was interrupted by Sam who took her into an embrace, her head resting on his chest as a smile crept onto her lips. "Tell the girl you love her, okay?"

Sam nodded, his eyes locking with the girl's. Knowing it would be unpredictable when he would return or if he truly would make Quinn's heart break so similarly to the first time she lost him that same night in that motel room.

Her eyes trained on the rear view mirror as Dean drove the impala away along an uneven graveled road, intertwined with the sound of the engine heavily revving.

"He'll be back, you know that right?" Dean glanced over at Quinn. Her eyes brimmed with tears helplessly, hoping he'd try to stop the car and change his mind right then and there.

He hadn't.

"Dean this was a mistake, this case. I had a bad feeling coming to California like this. This case was something a lot of hunters wanted to take care of, it was bound to happen you know."

"Running into Sam was not a mistake, you know that Quinn." Dean quirked a brow charmingly, hoping to muster up a lighter mood in the gloomy girl.

"He saved my life Dean, that's all it was. This wasn't supposed to be a thing, I have things to take care of—"

"You know what, what's gotten into you Quinn. You can't be serious. You and Sam, you two had something there and you know it. That's why you feel this regret for driving all the way to Jericho."