Chapter 1

Curtis Holt walked into the interrogation room with a camera in one hand and two Big Belly Burger bags in another. He walked up to John Diggle and set one of the takeout bags in front of him.

"Here." He said to the burly man. "I got your favorite." He turned to Zoe who was twirling her hair and set the other bag in front of her. "Hey, Zo. Don't worry, I told them to add extra cheese to your burger. I also got fries, but I couldn't carry a milkshake with the camera and the bags so - you know, it just would have been a mess everywhere."

Zoe looked up and smiled at someone whom she considered to be her cool uncle, aside from Oliver Queen and the man in front of her. "It's ok, Curtis. It's cool you brought us food. Thank you."

"Alright." Curtis began setting up the tripod for the camera while John Diggle sat across the table from where Zoe was. There were a few lights overhead and two-way mirrors on parallel sides of the table. The back of the room was illuminated under the lights, making the sapphire blue paint of the wall even more soothing and inviting. If Zoe had to guess, she would say that they used this color scheme to make interrogations stress-free and appealing for open communication.

"Zoe?" John asked her in a gentle voice. "I know how hard this is for you considering everything that's happened, but I want you to know that your dad is right outside, so if you want to stop or take a minute, just let me know, ok?"

"It's ok." She said to him while twirling her hair. "I know they're listening." She looked at the mirrors on the wall, where she couldn't see the adults of Team Arrow, but she knew that they could see her. "I want them to listen." She picked at her burger but had no desire to eat at a moment's notice.

"We're all set," Curtis announced.

"All set." John sat down across the table from Zoe. "Thank you, Curtis." Zoe gave a brief smile at the taller man who gave a thumbs-up to her.

From the Transcript of the Zoe Ramirez Tapes:

John Diggle: Will you state your full name for the record, please?

Zoe Ramirez: Zoe Pássaro Ramirez.

John Diggle: Why have you come here today?

Zoe Ramirez: I came here to tell you the story about The Boy with Blue Hair.

John Diggle: Can you elaborate on that, please?

Zoe Ramirez: It's been two hours since William went missing, and I know there's been a lot of debate on whether or not to arrest him, but before you do anything, I just need you to hear the whole story first.

John Diggle: So, you've come here to testify on William's behalf?

Zoe Ramirez: Yes.

John Diggle: Are you doing it a witness? To atone for your part in everything?

Zoe Ramirez: No, I'm not doing this for myself. I'm doing it to set the record straight. Only (pause) I'm not really sure where to start.

John Diggle: Why don't you start from the beginning? Then go slow from there?

Zoe Ramirez: Ok, the beginning it is.