Jhené: "You were just on the phone"

Me: "(snaps)What did I just say?"

Jhené: "Wow. (Walks out)"

Me: "(follows her) Baby, I'm sorry"

Jhené: "I don't want to argue. You'll tell me what's up when you're ready"

Me: "It's nothing "

Jhené: "I'm going for a walk. Your breakfast is on the kitchen counter"

I run a hand through my hair feeling frustrated. Didi just made a transaction of R20 000 and the only way I can get an explanation of why such an amount was deducted from my account is by seeing her. How do I tell Jhené that?

.

AALIYAH

I'm having breakfast with Zimele at his house and he asked that I bring the kids. They're playing with his grandkids while we're in the kitchen. He's still making it. 

Zimele: "So you can't cook?"

Me: "Nop, I can't"

Zimele: "Don't you want to learn?"

Me: "Oh no, I'm cool"

Zimele: "(chuckles) Serious?"

Me: "These hands are for anything but cooking. I have Josey for that"

Zimele: "Your chef ? (I nod) So I'll never get to have a home cooked meal?"

Me: "(laughs) Yep"

Zimele: "As long as you're the one serving me"

Me: "Do you have kids?"

Zimele: "I have a son. He's twenty and studying overseas"

Me: "And his mom?"

Zimele: "Broke up when he was ten. He lives with her"

Me: "Oh"

Zimele: "I'm not a kid Aaliyah so I want you and you know that. Are we doing this or what? I'm not getting any younger"

Me: "So unromantic"

Zimele: "(chuckles) I might go all out then you reject me so I have to know. "

Me: "Well, I'd be a fool not to explore whatever is brewing between us so yes, we're doing it"

Zimele: "We're not exploring here, we're learning to love each other and building an eternal companionship. I know I love you but you probably aren't there yet but I'll get you there"

Me: "I love that "

Zimele: "(lifts my chin) I love you (kisses me)"

Russell: "Nooo mommy! "

Me: "(laughs breaking the kiss) Just when I was… "

Zimele: "Breakfast time"

We have breakfast over good chats and this feels so good. It's been sometime since I was interested in a man and Zimele seems like one who knows exactly what he wants.

.

GINA

She's finally here . I have Thato on my lap since I missed him so much. It's been about two weeks since her call. They came over the weekend since Thato obviously has school. Even Tshidi is back from visiting her boyfriend and is now at work.

Me: "So, who is he?"

Liyah: "(smiles) What are you on about?"

Me: "Who's the guy who has you glowing like that?"