••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walk into the tattoo parlor that seems to be my only happy place nowadays. That and my house.

When I walk in it's unusual busy on a Monday. Every worker is here today. Normally it's only three people here to do tats and 2 here to do piercings. I walk around the clutter people waiting for their turn and walk over to my friend Tanya who's in the process of tattooing a Gucci snake wrapped around a hand on some guys back. Even though the guys pretty big, 6'3 and almost 300 pounds of muscle, I assume he doesn't get many tats. The guy keeps biting his hand whenever Tanya start shading. I can see little beads of sweat forming on his bald head. Kinda funny. This big guy who looks like he can take anything can't even take a simple shading. I do have to admit though the tat is pretty big.

"Hey Tanya"

"Oh hey lainy. Come for another tat?"

"Maybe I'm not sure yet. May I ask why it's so busy today?"

"Banes doing a 2 for one special and $20 on all piercings today." She finishes shading one part of the tat just to wipe the blood and continue shading on a another part. The guy looks to have a bit of relief until she starts back up again.

I look at all the people around me and notice I don't smell any other wolves here. But I pick up a unfamiliar scent. I can't place my finger on it. Oh well. When I turn back to Tanya, she's done.

"Alright big fella your done."

The guy gets up with a shaking hand and sits up straight. I look at his back. The tattoo is really fucking dope. It seems that he wanted the snake to be water color. The contrasts of the colors make his back look sereal.

"Okay that'll be $350" Tanya holds out her hand.

"$350? Can I get a discount or something? That shit was almost unbearable." The guy says running the back of his neck.

"Hey look dude your the one who warned the tat. It's not my fault you couldn't handle it. I'm just the tattoo artist. So $350" Tanya proceeds to hold out her hand again.

"How about a date? "

"I like money. $350"

The guy shakes his head and hands over the money. He then look at me. His eyes roaming my body which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

"Sorry I'm gay."

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

"Oh so you finally decided what you are?" Tanya says as she walks to her cleaning supplies.

"Nah I still don't know that, I just don't wanna go on a date with him. Especially not a guy who can't take a tat."

"Geez when's the last time you went on a date tho? "

I pause and look at her cause she Already know that answer.

"I don't like people Tanya you know this"

"Nah you just suck. And weird" she sticks her tongue out at me.

"I am weird and I don't suck. I eat and slurp." I wiggle between my fingers.
She laughs and pushes me away.

"DUDE if I had any suspicions that you weren't gay, you have once again changed my mind" she says laughing. I look around.

"Hmmm mostly humans today"

"Yeah thank god. Finally I get to inflict actual pain on somebody. Damn wolves got the pain tolerance of steel."

"So you tattooing people cause their pain makes you happy? That sounds a little sadistic Tanya." I give her a raised eyebrow.
She looks at me with disbelief.