Coping

"I'm sorry ms. Hart but you have RMS."
RMS.
Aka "Rejected Mate Syndrome" I believe the name itself is pretty explanatory. I know what I have. I've always known. I Just never came to terms with it. The words hurt too much.

REJECTED. MATE.

In that order

"It's Rejected Mate Syn-"

"I know what it is" I said abruptly cutting her off. There's a long pause between us. Neither one of us knows what to say. As I sit there, I wonder, how can someone just reject their other half? I mean the Moon Goddess gave a mate for a reason.

Completion

You aren't complete with out your mate. I mean you can go on living your life as normally as possible but it'll be hard. You'll always have that empty void that only your mate can fill.
I think she expects me to freak out and go haywire. Too bad she's a little too late for that. The stout woman looks at me over top of her glasses. She's studying me. I bet she never met a wolf act so calmly after just being told they have RMS. Guess medical school didn't prepare for her for that.

I look down at my hands covered in bright colored tattoos. I need more tats. I don't wanna look up because every time I look in someone's eyes, I find the same thing.

Pity.

It's always pity. Poor little molaino.

Poor little mateless molaino.

I hate pity.

I let out a deep frustrated exhale. " So what's gonna happen now?"

"Welp we're gonna start you on two medications. The first is Dequal. It's gonna hell with anxiety and panic attacks and also the night sweats. You're gonna take these twice a day for the first 3 weeks then once a day afterwards. The next is larazapath. This is gonna help with the nerves and the venom. Your gonna take these twice a day with meals."

I Fucking hate medication. I wouldn't be in this shit if the moon goddess would have just given me a normal mate and just make my life a little easier. But noooooo get a mate they said. It'll be fun they said.

She writes me the prescriptions and hands me the paper. I fold it and put it inside my jacket mumbling a small thanks. Again we just sit here and look at each other. Dr. Mursel begin to open her mouth but the stops. I guess she's trying to formulate her words.
"Ms. Hart. Might I ask how are you taking this so calmly?" Her brows furrowing in confusion.

I shrug. "Doc I've came to terms with this a long time ago. I don't really know how to react anymore so I just don't." I say giving her a half hearted smile.

" Ms. Hart what you have is a very rare case. But it's not something that I haven't seen before. And In this case normally when I deliver news like this and the patient doesn't react right away it mostly because the news hasn't quite yet registered in their head. And it's not until later when they're home and alone that it kicks in and they end up doing really bad things"

" I'm not suicidal....." anymore. " if that's what your hinting at"

She sits all the way back in chair. I notice one of her dreadlock in the back has slipped out of her twisted up do.
I turn my head to look outside. It's sunny today. 80 degrees. I see trees dancing in the wind, flowers blooming left and right. The birds singing their songs to one another. It's a good day to be in a good mood. To be happy and carefree.
Yet I feel nothing.

"Ms. Hart-"

" Look I know your trying to do your job by acting concerned but trust me when I say I'm fine. I mean yeah I got rejected and that hurt isn't something that's gonna go away but that was a while ago. I'm good. Can I go now?" I say giving her a tight lipped smile.
She wants to say something but she can't. Instead she says "ok Ms. Hart. You may go"
With that being said I grab my things and proceed to walk out.