005

12:54pm, July 12, 2010

Washington, D.C.

"Dr Banner, lovely to meet you." Alexander Pierce greeted, shaking hands with the physicist in front of him, the two standing in the lobby of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Triskelion.

"Yeah, you too." Bruce replied in awe, looking around the large building with agents rushing around, all clad in dark suits and lycra.

"Well, if you'd just follow me, I can show you your new lab and we can get you acquainted with the technicians." Pierce stated, encouraging Bruce to follow him as he took off toward the elevator, six guards surrounding the pair, tight t-shirts and a multitude of weapons. Bruce sighed, following Pierce and his entourage slowly, still marvelling at the architecture of the base.

3:08am, July 13, 2010

Vienna, Austria 

"Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать. Just infiltrate, assassinate, evacuate. Infiltrate, assassinate, evacuate." Violetta mumbled to herself, repeating the words her handler had drilled into her brain hours before. Her perch on a structural beam in the cathedral gave her unlimited views of the gala dinner below her. Hundreds of women in glittering ballgowns and men in tight tuxedos mingled on the floor, waiters in tailcoats slipped through the crowds, glasses filled with bubbling champagne quickly replacing the empty ones in the one-percenters hands.

"Infiltrate, assassinate, evacuate." Violetta mumbled once more, sliding along the beam until she was back within the shadow, her tight black mission suit allowed her to remain undetected. Slinking her way back through the darkness of the corridors, she made it to a supply closet she had been briefed would be prepared for her mission. Pushing open the heavy wooden door, she found a horrendous looking dress.

"Pink? Really Klaus, pink?" Violetta muttered, hands fisting the scratchy tulle skirt flaring from a jewelled bodice. Slipping out of her catsuit and into the disgusting dress, she could only imagine the smirk her handler must have knowing she had no other option but to wear the miles of fluffy tulle.

"Infiltrate. Assassinate. Evacuate. Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать." Violetta muttered, her hands mindlessly strapping a gun to her right thigh, her left holster filled with knives that would be easily hidden by the dress. One magazine. Fifteen rounds. Eight targets. No room for error.

"Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать." She repeated, stepping out of the supply closet, she hurried into the ballroom, a well crafted expression of innocence slipping onto her face as she slipped between people in the crowd.

"Verzeihung." Violetta muttered, bumping into a rather opposing man, his hazel eyes boring into her own as she looked up at him through her lashes.

"What are you doing here, child?" The man spat, his lip curled up in a snarl as the men in equally as expensive looking suits around him laughed at Violetta's expense. 

"Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать." She mumbled, eyes darting around the group of them. Eight targets. A small smile twisted Violetta's lips as she made eye contact with each of the men. A hand snaked its way to the bottom of her dress, the other fidgeting with the hem in an attempt to look as though she were just nervous. As her nimble fingers wrapped around the hilt of her knife, she swung toward the first man, a slice to the jugular and he was choking on his own blood, falling to the floor before any of the others had time to process what had happened. With a few quick steps, Violetta used her momentum to mount another man's shoulders, her thighs tightening around his neck like a boa constrictor, one hand broke her fall while the other reached for her handgun, shooting two men in the backs of their heads as they attempted to run away.

Four targets. Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать.

The loud shots from her gun alerted the guards and private security around the room, all reaching for weapons of their own. She took care of them with ease, all slumped against railings and slung over balconies, each with a bullet hole between their eyes.

Four targets. Three rounds. Violetta ran forward, vaulting onto the shoulders of yet another of her targets, shooting the other three down as the pressure from her legs cut off his circulation. Инфильтрат. Убивать. Эвакуировать. Infiltrate. Assassinate. Evacute. Evacuate. She repeated, eyes darting around the cathedral. Special forces were on their way and the local police were evacuating those who were still running around in terror. An officer ran into the cathedral, seeing Violetta standing in the middle of the room, small splatters of blood on the material of her skirt. The two made eye contact before Violetta began sobbing violently, crumbling to the floor as a scream of terror tore itself from her throat. The officer ran toward her, gathering the sobbing girl into his arms and running outside, sitting her down in the back of the ambulance to be checked out by a paramedic. She continued crying until the officer said he had to leave, the paramedic turned his head when his name was called, allowing Violetta to slip out of his line of sight, eventually returning to the evacuation point Klaus had told her. She clambered up into the jet, handing her weapons off to the other support member she had never bothered to learn the name of.

"Good job, Black Widow."