"Out, out now. Hansel can't hold her forever." the girl said in a caring voice.

"Wait for who..." I said, started.

"HANSEL! Not him again!" the witch shrieked, charging at the girl as the realization of who she was came across me.

The sudden outburst from the witch caused me to jump and slam into William, causing us to tumble through the window and land hard on our backs. Out of air, William grabbed my hand and pulled me to the woods. As we stumbled into a small clearing I shoved William to the ground falling breathlessly beside him I peered through the bushes in the direction we had come just as the two teens came jogging into the clearing.

"Welcome to Orhavad Al, The Land of Fairytales" announced the girl.

"So sorry she's too stupid to tell you our names, I'm Hansel and she's Gretel." the boy said.

"Shut up, Hansel," Gretel said. "He's always like this," she added under her breath to me.

I laughed and said, "All brothers are like that."

William was talking to Hansel and I heard the words Ettan, Robin Hood, port and the Jela Museum. Hansel smiled and turned to Gretel.

"We need to escort these two to the Dragon's Port," Hansel said, in a hushed tone.

Gretel nodded and asked, "Well you know our names. What are your names?"

"I'm Annie," I answered. "I'm from Jage, Eblene and I am trying to get home."

"I'm William Harris and I am from Chiclet, Eblene. I am also trying to get home." William added.

"Ahh, well good to meet you!" answered Gretel.

Gretel extended her hand to me, I took it and stood up. Gretel turned to Hansel and a silent conversation passed between them. Hansel shook his head, tapped William on the shoulder gestured for him to follow and walked out of the clearing.

"Where are those two going?" I asked turning to Gretel.

"Don't worry about them, I've got something to show you," she said.

Together we walked out of the clearing. I followed silently mulling over the events of the past few days. I knew I could be celebrating because I was finally free. No more market, no more harsh words every evening when I came home, no more empty stomachs to worry about. Empty stomachs? I paled. I had forgotten all about my sisters and my mother... Tears sprang to my eyes as I thought about what my father might do to her when he found out that I was gone.

"Poor mother..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Gretel asked.

"Gretel?" I asked, "Do you have any family other than Hansel?"

"I did," she said, "But they've probably died already, long ago actually..."

"What do you mean, how old are you?" I puzzled.

"I'm almost 837," She responded, "Everyone that becomes a permanent resident here age slower."

"Gretel I need you to take me home," I stated.

She turned, paused as though thinking about what to say. "Okay... okay"

She turned and started heading in a new direction. We walked a long way before we finally stopped, we sat on a felled log and ate some berries off a nearby bush. About a minute later we were up and moving again, the hike was relatively easy and Gretel kept a steady pace. After what seemed to be a few hours the trees finally started to thin until she could even see the shape of a large building looming from the mist.