Chapter 2.

I gasped at the sight in front of me.

"Mr Styles! Oh fûck, are you okay?" I asked as I bent down to where he was sat on the floor with blood pouring from his nose.

"Yeah. just help me up to my office." he breathed out.

I nodded and stood up to full hight so I could hook my arms under his armpits to pull him up. while I was helping Harry, I could see two security guards pulling Steven (rather aggressively) out of a back exit.

Harry was now stood to full hight and walking to his office, yet his nose was still gushing.

"Mr Styles, are you okay? Should I take you to hos-..." I was cut off from my sentence by a gunshot that made the whole place go silent.

I heard Harry mumble "twat." soon after as he opened the door to his office, acting like he didn't hear the ear shattering sound beforehand.

"Mr Styles, who was that gunshot for?" I quietly asked as I pulled some tissues out of a box he had on his table, and held them to his nose.

"Steven." he simply replied, looking straight at my face that was a few inches away from his.

I gasped. "You aren't serious are you? You can't go round shooting people for no reason. you're going to get arrested Sir. Is this the first time you've done it?" I asked as I let Harry hold the tissues himself.

" Yes I can Louis. he was being inappropriate towards my employee, he had it coming and I don't regret it." He said as he put the blood soaked tissues in the bin and got more. "oh and trust me Mr Tomlinson this isn't the first time I've done it but don't worry, I've never been caught."

"What? how have you not been caught? How many people HAVE you killed then?" I questioned as I began to pace the room with my hands tugging at my hair.

"I've only killed one person myself, all the other times I've had my men do it and I've lost count as to how many. I made sure that when I opened this club, I only hired the best men and they've proven themselves. they're quick and they clean up after themselves." he said as he casually leaned back against his desk.

I couldn't process anything. my thoughts were jumbled and I couldn't think straight. I work for a murderer. I couldn't even think of the things he was capable of, this is dangerous.

"Can I leave now?" I finally said as I stood still. "i finish my shift in 10 minutes anyway and I don't feel to good anymore."

"Yeah. let me just get my coat and I'll be coming with you." he replied as he threw the tissue away and walked round his desk to his coat that was on the back of his chair.

"Why? I'm not at risk with Steven anymore am I?" I angrily said.

"Don't speak to me like that. if I didn't have him killed, he could've killed you, I did you a favour." he replied, sounding just as angry as I did.

"Whatever you say Sir but I still don't see why yo-..." I stopped what I was saying mid sentence as I glanced at the hard look on Harry's face. "sorry." I muttered.

We walked out of the office that Harry was locking up and I grabbed my trusty black trench coat that was on a hook near the front desk and wrapped it around my body.

Harry walked towards the front exit leaving me to follow behind as we walked into the harsh wind that was blowing leaves through the air and litter on the floor.

Harry had stopped to tell one of the security guards (I had never spoken to him before but I think his name's Seth) that he was leaving so he needed him to lock up which resulted in me walking straight into his back because I was staring down to the floor.

"Watch it you bastard." I heard Seth say as he yanked harshly on my arm which I'm sure will leave a nice bruise in the morning.

"Dont. Fucking. Touch. Him. Again" Harry said as he repeated the actions but this time they were on Seth's arm.

"Oh... s-sorry Sir I didn't k.know." he stuttered as he released his harsh grip on me.

"Come on Louis." Harry said as he completely ignored the apology from the man.

We walked in complete silence to Harry's black range rover that was parked down a lit up side street that was next to the club and monitored 24/7 by security cameras.

"We'll drive to your house instead of getting the train so can I have your address." harry said as he switched on his satnav so he could type in the address which I told him.

We had been driving in complete silence with the radio on quietly when Harry spoke up.

"There's a lot you don't know about the club, a lot I don't think you'll want to know." he said as he tapped his hand on the steering wheel.

"Like what?" I reluctantly asked, not sure if I wanted an answer.

"I was 21 when I opened the club eight years ago and since then I've made millions. I've spread out clubs around the country and because of this I've gained some... rivals, if you would call them that." Harry said as he focused on the road ahead of him. "one night about a year after I opened my first club in Manchester, an owner of a club a few streets away from mine named Jim came to look around the Black Sparrow. I was in my office and I could hear shouting and gunshots so I walked out and saw Jim lying on the floor, dead. He had blood pouring from his chest and there was a group of people in black suites around him and to this day, his allies think I killed him. they think I murdered him because I didn't want the competition which is utter bullshit. anyway, I have people that are seeking revenge. they hurt the people I'm closest too or the people they think I'm GOING to be closest too to hurt me. that's what Steven was going to do to you. he wanted to kill you because he knows you're 'easy on the eye' and clearly he sees something in you that would interest me." he said, not once glancing in my direction.

I sat in silence dumbfounded by what I had been told when Harry spoke up.

"I'm going to protect you Louis, even if it's the last thing I do."