"I wanted you to have the best birthday with your favorite people, friends, family and food." I told him, we were so close that our noses were still touching.

"You are amazing."

"You're even more amazing, H." I told him. "Go and socialize with your friends."

Everyone was there, the Darltons, Andrew, Agatha, Lambert and a man named Simon whom Prez had invited as his plus one. It was an intimate gathering in the best way. I watched Hal move from one person to the other, laughing and smiling and looking as bright as the sun.

The bell went off and Jeff goes to get it. I was still watching Hal and just smiling when Jeff walked back in with an older man behind him. An older man that looked just like Hal.

"You must be the lovely Jesse." The older man said and I just... i was just shocked. This was Hal's dad. This man dressed in a fitted suit and black shirt, salt and pepper hair slicked back and he was holding a large wrapped gift.

"Dad!"

Yeah. This was definitely Hal's father.

"Nice to meet you, sir." I said, stretching out my hand. Hal's Dad doesn't shake my hand, he pulls me in for a hug instead and squeezed tight before pulling apart.

"Nonsense. Don't call me sir, everyone calls me Jesper." He said and then he turns to Hal and gives him an even bigger smile and holy fudge, this man has dimples.

I see where Hal got it from.

"Son, I just met your darling boy." Jesper said and I feel my cheeks heat up. I was so sure I rivaled a tomato

"He's the absolute best, dad." Hal replied, slipping his arm around my waist and pulling me even closer to him. His father looks between the two of us, his dimples ever present.

"Thank you so much for taking care of this giraffe. He thinks he can handle everything and anything." Jesper said, his tone soft and I just nod.

"Taking care of H, is my favorite thing to do."

"That's great to hear, lovely Jesse." Jesper said to me. "This is a lovely party and it smell delicious."

"Why don't we take a seat and dinner would be served? We made a bit of everything." I said to Jesper.

"Good. I didn't eat before leaving home and now I've got enough space to eat an entire cow." Jesper said, taking my hand in his. Hal let me go, instead, taking the present Jesper was struggling to hold onto.

"Are you a fan of roast chicken?"

"Add some potatoes and we'll become best friends."

"Of course." I giggled as I led him towards the large table set up. Earlier, a couple of Danny's employees had come, decked in their white shirt tucked into black pants with an apron.

Jesper and I take our seats and so do the others. Once we were seated the food were brought out one after the other, placed right in front of everybody.

"You planned all this for my Hal?" Jesper asked and I nodded.

"He deserves the best."

"You know, he's been sending me pictures of you." Jesper said and I looked over at Hal who was talking with Jeff and Danny. That sneaky bear.

"He does?"

Jesper whips out his phone and heads right for his gallery. He even had a separate folder for me and my cheeks heat up. There were pictures of me eating, mid talk, there were even pictures of little me.