Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Song: 8 by Billie Eilish

Colby's p.o.v.

Sam and I barge through the hospital doors and rush to the front desk asking for Y/n's room. The receptionist tells us she is currently in surgery and tells us the floor we can wait on. We head up the elevator and see Tessa and Brennen. The minute my eyes meet Tessa's worried ones we both break down in tears. She rushes over to me and hugs me. "I feel so helpless, I don't know what happened... no one in this damn place is telling me anything." And I know exactly how she feels. Brennen comes over and rubs her back, pulling her against him. Sam ushers us all to take seats and get comfortable in case it is a while.

About an hour of silence and cries later a doctor comes out and asks for Tessa. We all stand up and walk over to him. "Uh, only close friends and family please. We can only have up to two people in there at a time."

"I'm her best friend and this is her boyfriend." Tessa explains. Tessa is the first allowed to see and receive her information since she is her emergency contact, but Tessa informed the doctor I was allowed to her the information too.

"Alright well, the bystanders that called from the accident said Y/n was driving through a light when a drunk went through the red light and hit her drivers side. Her car did not flip but the drivers side was extremely damaged and unrepairable. As for Y/n she has a lot of cuts and bruises and her back will be sore for a while. The main issue however is the impact of the hit on the door went straight into her left knee resulting in a distal femur fracture. When our EMT got her out of the car her fracture was open, which is why we had to operate as soon as she got here. To prevent infections. In the surgery we placed a special narrow rod into her femur marrow canal. This rod will keep her knee in position but she will need lots of help walking for now. When she is released we will provide you with a wheelchair, crutches, ace bandages, and a specially designed brace for when she does start to walk again." I took a deep breath in. "So as for now she is asleep still, but you are allowed to visit her. Only two at a time however, please."

After the doctor finished his speech, Tessa was crying even more now. She was hyperventilating and fell to her knees. The doctor looked at me and I nodded to signal that I got what he said and I'll take care of Tessa. "Room 403," he said before walking off. I knelt down next to Tessa and rubbed her back.

"Hey, hey, she's okay... it's gonna be okay... come on. Let's go see her." I help Tessa up off the floor and keep my arm around her to help her walk. We find Y/n's room and I take a deep breath to prepare myself for what I'm about to walk into. I open the door and Tessa rushes in. Y/n is laying on the bed in a gown, bruises and cuts covering her arms and face. Her leg is propped up in a long rectangular tube that is holding her leg straight. Its uncovered by the blanket, showing the bruising around her knee and stitches. Tessa runs up and hugs Y/n. I slowly walk over taking another deep breath. I walk around the other side of the bed and pull up a chair beside her bed. I sit down and take in her appearance again. My eyes start to tear up, I really did love her. I am so happy that shes alive, but it is going to literally kill me to see her in pain. I grab her hand, which has an IV needle in the top of it. She is going to freak when she sees that when she wakes up, knowing her fear of needles. I rub my thumb along her knuckles and lean forward to place a soft kiss to them. Tessa tells me she is going to go tell Sam and Brennen what happened and about her condition.

I continue rubbing my thumb along her knuckles as I hear the door close. I lean forward and rest my head on the edge of the bed. I don't know how much time passed, since Tessa left at this point. As I take in another breath, my lungs feeling absolutely shot, and I feel a familiar hand run through my hair. I shot my head up to meet the most beautiful blue eyes you will ever see. "Y/n!" I half yelled, my voice being crap. "Baby, how do you feel?" I asked taking her hand completely in mine, hoping to distract from her seeing the needle.

"Honestly a little confused... and sore."

"Right... right. Uh let me grab the doctor."

"Alright," she said trying to shift her hips to sit up a bit. Her leg, however was strapped into the restraint to keep it straight.

"Oh babe, uh try to sit still. I can ask them to help move you if your uncomfortable." As I looked at her and lightly pushed her hips back into the bed, I saw a look of fear cross her eyes.

"Colby, whats wrong with my leg? What happened? Are you okay? Did I make it to your house? Where is everyone..." She was rambling, a sign of her anxiety attack coming on. I squeezed her hips and leaned down pressing my lips to hers.

"I'll be back really quick, okay. Just count to sixty okay?" I always asked her to count when she was having a panic attack. I read it helps distract and focus on breathing. It never worked too long for her, but long enough for me to get a nurse to get her doctor.

A/N: Sorry i'm uploading kinda late (9pm for me). Long chapter! Hope you enjoy! (or not bc its kinda sad) Im going to try to start uploading pretty frequent again so get ready!!

-Sam <3