1. The brother, the best friend, and her...

Marc Jr.

"Uncle?"
"You need to get here now. I can't deal with your sister anymore. I smiled at the mention of my sister. "What did she do now?"
"You'll know when you get here. How long will that be?"
"I'm actually pulling up right now." I pulled into my uncle's garage and got out of the car quickly. I wasn't surprised by these phone calls anymore. Once or twice a week, I'd get a call from him about Rose. That child gave as much trouble as she is worth. I strolled into the foyer and looked at my uncle pacing. "What did she do now?"
"I don't even know where to begin. It's not what she did, it's what they did."
"By they you mean Rose and?"
"Kei."
"Kei? Your son Kei?"
"He won't be my son much longer if he keeps this up."
"Where are they?"

"Jax!" She ran and jumped into my arms before I could go searching for her. I smiled. "Aren't you a little too old to be doing that Kait?" That was Kei's voice. "He's my brother. I won't ever be too old to do this."
"You seem happy for someone who is about to die," my uncle said. "Dad."
"Not another word Kei."
"What did you do this time, Rose?"
"I haven't done anything I haven't done countless times before."
"Which is what exactly?"
"We skipped school." That was Kei again. "You shut up. I'm asking my sister." I looked at her expectantly. "Well?" She rolled her eyes. "We had sex, and now Uncle James is freaking out about it." I looked from her to Kei. "You had sex. You two. You and him." I couldn't contain the laughter that spilled from my lips. "Is something funny, Jax?" I got serious again. The thought of my baby sister having sex was not something I wanted to know or even hear about. "I thought you just said you and Kei had sex, but I must have heard wrong because Kaitlyn-Rose Paxton isn't having sex and should not be thinking about sex, because Kaitlyn-Rose Paxton is seventeen years old!" She scoffed. "Did you just scoff at me?"
"You have sex all the time. What's the big deal?"
"I am an adult. You are a child. You're both children."
"It's just sex. Don't get your knickers in a twist."
"Did you just say knickers?"
"I did. I don't understand why everyone is getting worked up. It's just sex."
"You." I looked at Kei. "Follow me." He was scared, but he pulled his shoulders back and stood tall. I smiled in amusement.

The confidence he just had faltered a bit when we entered my uncle's office. I crossed my arms and stared at him silently for a few seconds. He fidgeted. "So Kei, how long have you been f#cking my sister?" He got thrown off by my choice of word. He looked at me shocked. "I'm very busy. You might want to answer me sometime today. You're wasting my time, Kei." He struggled to come up with words. "Look, I know you care for Rose. I appreciate that. I'm not going to beat you up. I'm not some sort of gangster. So please disregard anything Rose told you."
"It's been going on for a while, occasionally, when she feels the need." He blushed. I felt bad for him. "That's not a solid answer."
"Since the beginning." It was worse than I thought. "Are you telling me you were her first?" This discussion was already uncomfortable for me, but I needed to know all the details when it comes to my sister. He nodded. "I'll need to know who they are, the other men."
"I don't know who they are."
"Do you want me to use my fists? You're her best friend. You know everything there is to know about her. She keeps nothing from you. Who are they?"
"Dad already took care of them."
"Did he now? Well I have my own ways of dealing with them."
"I can't. Kait would never speak to me again." Of course. Why didn't I see this before? "You have feelings for her. Are you in love with my sister, Kei?"
"What?"
"I wouldn't blame you if you were. She's beautiful, smart, a bit of a rebel, and so much more, but she's not the woman for you. She won't be able to return your feelings. You know that too. Whatever is going on between you two, you should put an end to it now."
"What if I don't want to?" The kid had some balls. "Well then, good luck to you. If you know Rose as well as I think you do, you're going to need it."