Chapter 2

It had been one week since Amelie saw Mads Mikkelsen for the first and probably the last time. During the two days after the encounter she couldn't stop thinking about it, but then she was so busy with other things that she had stopped thinking about it so much. Alexa would remind her form time to time, it being through a text message or face to face.

The young girl was now at a Starbucks café ten minutes away from her apartment. Sitting on a comfortable sofa at the back of the café, where it was quieter, she enjoyed her coffee as she organized pictures for job applications. Amelie had sent many applications via e-mail, but it was time for her to personally go to different companies and leave her CV there; what was there to lose, anyway?

As she concentrated on what she was writing on her computer, her phone started ringing, unknown number.

''Hello, is this Amelie Davidson?'' a woman at the other end spoke.

''Yes, this is her''.

''Hi. This is Katherine Bourne. I'm calling regarding your CV. We are currently in need of a still photographer for an upcoming movie and we are interested in what you have to offer. There aren't many photographers with a degree out there. Would you like to meet us for an interview?'' she asked. Amelie was already ecstatic.

''Yes, of course. What time would suit you best?''.

''How about tomorrow about 11 o' clock? I'll text you the address on this same number, if that's alright''

''That's fine. I'll see you at 11 tomorrow, then. Thank you for calling'' Amelie couldn't help but smile at the thought of a possible job as a photographer. A still photographer on a movie set. Wow.

*

She entered the office building and waited for Katherine to meet her. Nervous yet excited, Amelie couldn't sit on the chairs in front of her, so she paced around the waiting room.

''Amelie Davidson?'' a woman called her name from behind.

''Yes. Katherine?'' Amelie turned around and smiled at the blonde haired woman that looked in her 40's. Katherine looked friendly and pleased to meet her, and that gave Amelie a boost of confidence.

''That's right. Nice to meet you, Amelie'' she stretched out her right hand for Amelie to shake.

They both went to Katherine's office where after 45 minutes of talking and questions, they were almost done and Katherine seemed quite pleased.

"Now about the movie...It's directed by Christopher Nolan, and among the starring actors and actresses there are Hugh Jackman and Uma Thurman" Katherine explained as Amelie felt a rush of excitement go through her body hearing those big names. "Now here's the list with the most important rules, the rest you'll manage" she continued.

"Wait, does this mean that I...uhm..." Amelie attempted.

"That you got the job, yes" Katherine chuckled. Amelie was blissful on the inside, trying hard to keep it together on the outside. She was going to be still photographer on a new movie. She was going to be around big people, doing what she loved most. Life felt pretty fucking good right in that moment. All at the same time she was shocked that she got the job so quickly since she didn't have any experience in that exact field.

"Woah, thank you" she finally managed to say.

"It's our pleasure. You're going to do a great job, we're happy to have someone with a degree" Katherine admitted. "Now, they start filming on Monday, but if you'd like to visit the set this weekend  here is your pass. Also, I can fix for Diane, our bla bla, to give you a tour on Monday when you start or this weekend if you decide to visit the set". All the information caused for her to smile so widely that her cheeks hurt. It was amazing.

"Yes, I will most definitely want to visit some time before starting, just to see what it looks like and what to expect" the brown haired girl said happily.

"Great! Then let me know when you decide to come and I'll speak to Diane. I'll wait for your mail or you can just text me" she smiled.

"I'll let you know as soon as possible" Amelie said. She already knew she wanted and could visit on Sunday, but didn't want to tell Katherine that directly because she didn't want to come off as desperate. It was Friday now and she felt like there wasn't time. The day after, on Saturday, she and Alexa would go try out a new restaurant. Plus, she didn't want Diane to spend her Saturday on her.

*
Her hands were sweatier than ever and her heart was beating really fast as she stepped out of the car and met Diane. They shook hands and started walking towards the set.

"Are you excited?" Diane asked. She seemed friendly, the genuinely friendly type. Her hair was black, shoulder length, and she looked to be only a few years older than Amelie.

"You can't imagine" Amelie laughed.

"I gotta let you know that the director, the producers and some of the actors are already here, since they start filming tomorrow" Diane informed, making Amelie feel nervous. She gave Amelie a very detailed tour, her patience amazing the younger girl. "That's the director right there, talking to David, one of the camera men" Diane pointed at Christopher Nolan. "Chris is a sweetheart and I can't wait for you to meet him tomorrow. He is extremely stressed today, but he always wants to meet new crew members, you'll see tomorrow".

"This is so freaking exciting" Amelie exclaimed. Then, behind the director, on a chair in one of the bigger tents in the set, was someone she thought she'd never see again. "Wait, is that...is that Mads Mikkelsen?".

"Yes. He's one of the co-producers. Didn't Katherine tell you?".

"No. No, she definitely didn't".