Chapter 1

As I walk down the hall of my middle school, I hear someone calling my name. "Zack, Zach!!!" "Yes?," I say as I turn around. It's my best friend Nick. We are both in 8th grade, and have known each other since 3rd grade. Since it's the end of the day, we walk back to my house to hang out. I have short brown hair, and hazel colored eyes. Nick has short blonde hair with blue-green eyes. We walk to my house and talk about the bomb threat that someone found. "I don't think it's going to happen" Nick says. "Yeah, me either it's just something that someone wrote when they were mad I'm sure." At our school we seemed to get bomb threats about one time a month. They were always just pranks and bullshit little jokes or whatever someone wrote when they were angry. There never was any bombs and none of the bomb threats actually happened. That is why everyone was so skeptical of all of the bomb threats and shootings and all of that. As we arrive at my house I grab Nick and I some ice cold Pepsi's. I crack open the Pepsi and remain to talk about school with Nick. "I hate school so much. It's terrible." "Yeah Nick, I agree." Nick and I both live in a middle class neighborhood. Ask I take a sip of my Pepsi, the sweet, sugary substance fills my mouth, and I can feel the carbon bubbles tickle my taste buds. Everyone at school thinks that we are rich, because every other year, we get the new iPhones, but that is only because of our contract that both of our families have. We do have more money than most people, but we are way far away from being rich. We walk upstairs and as we talk, my older sister, Echo, tells us to shut up. We walk the rest of the way upstairs and to my room in silence, because my sister is a total cry-baby and will get me in trouble. She gets whatever she wants whenever she wants it. She is a sophomore in high school, and is still a total brat. When we gets into my room, we turn on my Xbox and put in a football game. Nick and I always like to play a quick game of Xbox football against each other when we get home from school. I always beat Nick, because he is terrible at the game. It is always a competition, but I still always win. We are both huge football fans, and like to watch football marathons on the weekends. After our football game, I tell Nick that I have a lot of homework to do, and he says he has to go home anyway. I do my Algebra homework in about an hour and then watch some T.V. I'm getting more and more worried about the bomb threat, even though I know it's not true, I get worried about them every time. I just try and focus on the distracting T.V. to take my mind off of the bomb threat. I tell my parents about it, and they say it's just another bullshit prank, which is believe it or not, what I wanted to hear them say. in this neighborhood, there are not a lot of threats and stuff, but since I go to a school far away from my neighborhood, it's not the same. I open enrolled to a different school, in not such a nice area, where threats are very common. I only open enrolled there, because I was districted to go to a school closer to my home, but Nick wasn't going there, and I wanted to stay with my best friend, so I had to open enroll. After my talk with my parents, I decided to go to bed, because I was so tired from the day at school.