13:

The next morning was no joke at all. Rogue dragged us up early and had us, in our sleepwear, duel each other in the lake. We were both barefoot and the cold by the sole of my feet were pierced by the freezing water.

     Asugaya jumps and attempts to land an attack and I block it with my sword. He slides back, now panting. He falls down and ignores the idea of being soaked.

"Ow!" He yelped. Rogue was not armed with Lambient Light but a wooden stick that was ready to beat the crap out of us.

Afterwards, she made us change our outfits and we had meditation next. This was the usual exercise we had to do before an actual lesson. Dueling in the lake helped our agility fight with the water's movements, meaning more power or speed created, and meditation helped us think about speed.

"The more you try concentrating, the more you'll be able to find your own way of breathing in life. Both of you will find your way on how to use speed and incorporate it into your fighting. All you hear is nothing right now. Except for my voice."

     "Damn!" Asugaya shouts. I couldn't help but open my eyes and see him rubbing his head.

Before I could figure out what happened, I felt a hard slap on my head hit. I look up and see Rogue With her wooden stick.

"Concentrate! Both of you." She demanded.

     "Alright," Rogue began looking both at us with toughness

"Alright," Rogue began looking both at us with toughness. We sat on the grass observing her movements, "We can try to put in a sword skill you can both use. A versatile one that is."

She puts a stance and told us to observe. She held the wooden sword with her right. She was a good distance away from what seem a seemed a tree with little to no leaves left as the fall is at its peak. She runs, slowing accelerating to a dash.

Sparks started appearing and soon, I didn't know what happened. The next thing I saw was a leaf, slowing descending down to the virtual ground, now in half, clean. The leaf turned to mini fragments and exploded. Rogue pretends to sheath back her wooden stick but realizes she wasn't using her rapier.

"Clean Severing." She named it, "That's what the sword skill is called. It uses a good amount of EP but you'll be fine as in return, it'll refill enough before you use it again.

"I want to as well explain this. Sword Art Online has properties that other VRMMORPGS have. The original game didn't have these things called Sword Element. It's a knockoff of ALFheim's elemental magical energy. It can only be determined when by your stats in the game. There are three basic types: water, fire, electric. Water is mostly given to those who have fair speed and good strength, most players commonly start off with water. Fire is given to those who are heavy hitters, really high attack and decently speed. Electric is the most complicated as though speed is their strength, they have to work with a not so good defense.