Chapter 1: Prologue

In the city of Akron, Ohio, there lived a group called the Original Eighth Graders. They do everything together, even if it gets them in trouble. They attend the Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts where they are all part of the drama department. But don't expect some boring romantic comedy or fantasy musical. They may have 'original' in their name, but the story you are about to hear is nothing original about it.

The story begins with students arriving at the Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts. Ms. Wilson was getting ready for school announcements while the school protector, Lexi Kasapis, was organizing the students in the auditorium and meeting up with her friends.

"Okay, everyone. Announcements are in 10 minutes. Make sure you're in your seats by then," Lexi said as she sat the clipboard on the podium. One of her friends, Dylaina, walks over to her.

"Hey, Lexi. Thanks for letting me use your math notes," Dylaina said while handing Lexi's notebook back to her.

"No problem. By the way, have you seen Mason?"

"Not yet, but I'll keep a lookout if you want."

"It's fine. Thanks."

Lexi then walked over to two boys, Connor and Nathan, who were arm wrestling.

"You're going down," Connor grunted.

"No, you are," Nathan rebutted.

"No, you!"

"No.."

"Hey, guys," said Lexi.

"Hey, Lexi," they both said.

"Have any of you seen Mason?"

"Not yet," said Connor.

"But we saw him this morning," Nathan revealed.

"Really?" Lexi responded.

"But he said not to tell anyone what him and his friends are doing. It's a surprise."

Suddenly, Connor pinned Nathan's arm on the table.

"Hey, no fair! I wasn't even playing!"

"You were still gripping my hand. Of course it's fair."

While they were bickering, Lexi walked away from them. With the clues Nathan gave her, she began to have the feeling that Mason is up to something crazy with his friends.