Chapter Five ❤Edited❤

9 years later.

Jordan’s POV

 “Have you heard from James yet?” Luke asked while making coffee in my apartment. It’s been 9 years since I left that place. I now live in the West. I used to work as a receptionist in a small town law firm and live in a luxurious apartment complex. Luke is my best friend. We’ve been friends since I started working at the law firm. He tried asking me out a couple of times but nothing ever happened.

 “I wish.” I said pouting. James is my ex boyfriend. We've been over for about 12 hours, 8 minutes and 54 second to be exact. We were dating for 6 months and it has been the longest I’ve ever been in a relationship. I really thought he was the one. I was a receptionist at law firm he worked at and every time he would bring me flowers or lunch. From that we made small talks and a bit of flirting until our first date. He took me to expensive Italian restaurants where I couldn’t even pronounce half of the words on the menu. We hit it off from the first day we met. He would take me to picnics and also paid for my bills.

 Sometimes I grew  suspicious as to why he was still single, I mean he was good looking and had money. This one time I asked him why he was still single and he would tell me that he had been hurt to many times, that he was not ready for a relationship until I came to his life. Cliché right? He was such a gentleman. Hey, you know what they say about the gentleman, they are the biggest snakes and that I witnessed myself. Three months ago Luke saw him with another woman in town, holding hands and they looked really in love. At first I didn’t believe Luke and confronted James only to have him confess that he was actually married but wantec to get out. When he told me that I felt like my world was crumbling down and the my heart broke into pieces that no one could repair.

 I broke it off instantly; I couldn’t believe that my colleagues would hide such a thing from me? Its true what they say about workplace friends huh? James begged me for weeks, sending roses to my desk, calling me every day until  I eventually gave up and forgave him. He was trying to fix things and he said that he getting a divorce so there was no harm in continuing with the relationship.

 Yesterday I saw a pregnant woman coming into his office and I was suspicious as to what she was doing there only to discover that she is the wife and they have not really getting divorced nor were they in a process of divorce. In fact they were happily married and still in love. Shortly after that I was called into the law firm manager's office to be told that I was fired and the reason I was being fired was because I was apparently slacking. What more could happen to me’  I sighed deeply.

“Look he is not worth it, you are still young and beautiful you will find someone who will love and cherish you.” Luke said falling on the couch next to me rubbing my feet. I smiled at his kindness and looked outside the window.

 “Now to bigger problems, where will I get a job and how will I pay for my apartment?” I said looking outside, thinking really deeply about my situation. I had just lost my job and recently got new furniture that I’m still paying off and once the amount of the furniture has been deducted I’m left with only money for the grocery and I’m sure James won’t pay my bills anymore and the rent is due in a week’s time.

 So to sum it all up, I’m heartbroken, almost homeless and broke, life is just peachy.

 “Cheer up babe, you could always work at Derek’s coffee shop be a waitress or something.” Luke said trying to help. 

 “You know that the wages are way below my apartment bill. I can’t work there if I still want to live here.” I said to him. He sighed defeatedly and looked around the apartment and picked up the opened envelope that had been sitting there for weeks now.

 “Seriously you haven’t decided if you are going or not?” he asked swaying the envelope in my eyes.

 “Please don’t bother me with that.’’ I said to him for the twentieth time. Inside the envelope is an invitation letter to Winston High Class of 06’ reunion which by the way I didn't plan on attending. I dreaded that place wholeheartedly. It is where all my horrors and misfortunes took place and it made me feel uneasy just thinking about the place.

Flashback

I got home hours later, unable to breathe. I knocked on the door, trying to bang the door loud enough for Keera to hear and open for me. I banged one more time feeling drained. Keera came to the door and found me slumped down 

 “Oh My God Jordan what happened??” She asked concerned trying to lift me up, but I just pushed her away, finding my balance and climbing upstairs to go to the bathroom.

 “Jordan what the hell happened, what did Kyle do to you?!” Keera shouted tears welling up in her eyes trying to reach up for me but was not fast enough because I quickly closed the bathroom door and locked it. I took the dress off and got rid of everything else I had  on me and took a hot shower while crying. Keera was on the other side of the door and continued banging on the door sobbing  and I just cried my heart out, letting the water wash off my pain along with the tears. 

 I got out of the bathroom with a towel on and hurried to my room. Keera tried pulling me and holding me still but I pushed her so violently that she stumbled and almost fell on the stairs. I shut my bedroom door loudly and locked it. Afterwards I played some heavy metal and put the speaker in full blast while taking out my travelling bag and packing all my belongings. I threw everything in my bag and closed the bag while tears kept strolling down my face.

 I went out of my room with bags in my hand and headed to the door.

 “Jordan No, no. No. don’t leave me please, talk to me please. you can't be doing this please Jordan. ” Keera said crying. I just looked into her eyes and walked to the door.

 And never to come back again.

 End of flashback  

 “Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to refresh and relax your mind. To get away from it all hey, just think about it hun. ” He said kissing my forehead bidding me goodbye.

 After he left, his word ranged in my head and were making me nauseous. It was 6pm and I had a terrible headache. I took some painkillers and went to my room. I lay in bed with my eyes closed.

 ‘Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to refresh and relax your mind. To get away from it all hey, just think about it Hun.’

 Maybe Luke is right, maybe I need to clear my mind. With that last thought I fell deep sleep afterwards.

 The next morning I got up and dialed Luke’s number. After the third ring he answered with a raspy, muffled ‘hello’

 “Luke, I’m going to my back to my Hometown.”

How is this chapter? Drop me your comments ciao