Chapter Two - The remainder of Memories

💜Stella's POV:
"So are you excited for your first day back?" I heard my cousin Luke ask.

"Yeah, sure. Everything looks just the same as it did five years ago. But I know that probably a lot a has changed. Right?"

I remember how i used to play and hang out with everyone before I left. The memories came rushing back to me as I watched the familiar setting move past me while I looked through the car window of the moving vehicle.

Five years ago, after my mom died and I had to move away with my father, I never thought I would move back here. Now, since my father passed away in that car accident a couple of weeks back, I couldn't find an excuse to avoid my past, to pretend it never happened.

I now live with my Aunt,Uncle and my two cousins. Luke is eighteen years old, while I'm sixteen years old, and Melody, Luke's younger sister, is ten years old. I couldn't wait to arrive to my cousins' house... My new home. I wanted to see Melody, Uncle John and Aunt Sarah so bad, since it has been five years since I've seen it, who wouldn't? I just love them so much, they have always stood by my side in my dark moments and good moments.

The familiar neighborhood came into view. I saw how the houses hadn't changed since I left.

I remember how I would always hang around with all the neighbors' kids that were about my age. We would always hang out almost every friday at the pizza and ice cream parlor. Slices of Joy, the place where friendships and pizzas are made and you get a scope of ice cream and luck.i remember how we were all bored with nothing to do one Friday and we were lucky to see the sign that had the words "Slices of Joy." Ever since our curiosity practically begged us to check the place out, It came to be our spot, where we would mostly be every friday. Until now that is... Though who knows, it might still be the "Friday hangout" as I used to call it, along with many others.

I turned to face him and decided to ask."Is 'Slices of Joy' still the "Friday Hangout?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah, it still is. Though some people don't go there anymore for some reason. Things haven't been the same since you left. A bunch of people have been asking about you and miss you-- mostly your old classmates."

I didn't know if he was being sympathetic or serious so responded with "Yeah right." It was their half their fault that I accepted the opportunity to leave. I still don't even understand what I did to deserve what they did to me. They know what they did, and I just don't want to face the fact that the people I cared about so much, humiliated me, made fun of me, practically changed my point of view about everything i do now. I turned away from him and continued to stare out the window again.

"I'm serious! They all feel sorry for what they did though they don't talk about it much now. For the first year you were gone I could practically feel their regret radiating of them. I know what they did was wrong but... They for the first two years you were gone, they kept asking about you and when you would come to visit to get a chance to catch up with you."

I stayed silent but I didn't feel any pity for them. I came here with as a new me. I'm not that old sweetheart that would practically find you your next best friend in under five minutes and smile all the time with that sparkle in my eyes, I've changed. That sparkle i used to have in my eyes died, along with my the trust I had with my ex-best friends and old classmates. I mind my own business and smile rarely, sometimes only when my family members are around or I'm really excited about something, and I don't do the friend-matchmaker thing anymore.

We finally pulled into the driveway of the familiar house that held some of my best childhood memories. I saw Melody, Uncle John and Aunt Sarah, already waiting on the porch for us.