"We'll Sorry to disappoint but it's Gilbert I don't have that rock yet, but makes me feel better that I won't be an old dog lady the rest of my life." My eyes widen in alarm as I slip from the crate and sit down in front of the boy, "please tell me I don't marry Stefan!" I beg out as I clasp my hands together trying not to puke. The boys brown eyes nit in confusion before he shakes his head. "What's she saying? What does she sound like? Look like?" Sebastian mumbles out at a fast speed as he takes a hint and starts to sit on the ground next to us. "Well she looks exactly the same except a little younger 17? 18? Looks like she was sleeping." I look down at Damon's large shirt that thankfully goes down to my knees. "Why do you think you can see her?" Sebastian asks quietly as his British accent stars to show through. 

"I don't know there's not a lot of stuff on Phoenixes." My eyebrow raises in question, 'did he just call himself a mystical bird?' "She looks confused. They must not know about us yet." Sebastian nods as he turns his head where Landon was looking at me. "Why do you think she appeared now?" Landon shakes his head at the question. "Weird she appeared when you finally start opening up about your family." "Landon! Sebastian!" My eyes widen as I hear the familiar sound of a voice. I jump up from the ground as Alaric makes his way into our space, Rick appears to have aged about ten, fifteen years with the apparent wrinkles starting to appear next to his eyes and a speck of white hair in his beard. "Rick." I whisper out softly as I go to reach my hand up to his cheek.

 "He can't hear or see you. I don't think he can feel you." Landon answers back softly as my hand makes contact with Alaric's cheek. Ricks face scrunches up in confusion as he looks towards Landon, "who are you talking too?" "An old friend." He answers back swiftly as I take a step back and look down at his hands. "Rick where's the wedding band? Surely you married Jenna by now." I chuckle out as I look expectantly behind him, "and where's Damon? You guys are always together?" I ask as if Alaric can hear me. I hear a sudden gasp as I turn to face Landon as the smile starts to slip from his face. My eyes widen at the reaction, "what happened?" Sebastian asks quietly behind me, "she asked about a woman named Jenna. Then she asked about Damon." He answers softly back as I look at Sebastian's face as it starts to gradually fall too. "No..no.." I whisper out as my throat starts to tighten as the tears start to stain the rims of my eyes.

 "Rick where's Damon?" I question again as I watch his face slowly face the ground. "Jenna?" I question softly again as my knees give out and they hit the ground hard. Landon rushes to catch me but soon realizes he can't touch me either. "Who's the friend Landon?" Rick questions softly as he looks back up for his answer. "E..Eliza." He stutters out as Alaric's eyes widen as tears start to fill his eyes. "No! No! Please!" I scream out as I clutch my heart starting to scratch at the skin beneath the shirt. "No!" I yell out as I shove myself off the ground and go through the doorway Rick came from, I ran as if I knew the way out of this dark place. I could hear the sounds of heavy boots follow behind me as I slammed open the door and rushed out. 

My eyes widen as the sun starts to set and I could see the boarding house in the distance. As soon as I saw the familiar house I took off running again as if my life depended on it. "She's going to the school!" I hear Landon yell out but block out the noise as tears start to cascade down my cheeks. My eyes widen as I push through the people that came out of the door. My heart beat sped up as I look around in horror at the hundreds of teens gathered around the place. I shook my head as I turn to the left and raced up the stairs following the familiar route I knew by heart. My breath left my body as I slammed back onto the ground as I come to face the empty bedroom. "No.." I whisper out softly as my shaking legs helped me stand after a brief moment before I made my way to his dresser, opening the doors and feeling my eyes and heart harden and sink when I see nothing in them. 

I frantically start pulling out the doors until I turned and faced his night stand noticing the emptiness and light dust that sprayed across it. My knees sink to the ground in front of the side table as I see the little glass case left for the world to see. 'Damon and Eliza.' The gold print on the glass spelled out as I blink away the tears as a whimper forces itself from my throat as I catch a glimpse of Damon's Salvatore ring as well as my necklace.