5

A year after their first gig, Choir Island managed to create a YouTube channel to post all their music. By then, they had gotten around twenty thousand and something subscribers. Luckily, one of those subscribers was a manager for music. She took an interest in the boys. However, they didn't know that yet.

Not only did Choir Island become somewhat successful, but they also moved in with each other in an old house that was perfect for recording. The sound bounced around the walls, and they didn't have any neighbors to file a noise complaint.

One morning they were all eating breakfast, which is just Lucky Charms, Jack got a phone call.While he conversed, Roger looked down at Maurice's shoes.

"Are those Heelies?"

"Yea."

Maurice rolled his heels on the floor. Jack got off the phone and turned to everyone.

"I have an announcement."

Ralph looked up from his phone, "what's up?"

Jack's blank face rose into a huge grin, "Megan Moore, a music manager, saw our videos and want to meet us."

Jack stretched his arms out, "we could get someone to get us on tour!"

Everyone looked at each other, and all realized what happened around the same time. The boys all jumped to their feet and cheered and hugged each other, except for Roger, who showed excitement in his own way.

Jack found Ralph in the mixture of boys and pulled the blonde boy out by his shoulder. Ralph looked at him with a slightly pained smile. Jack passed it off as nothing and kissed him.

Ralph stroked Jack's right wrist, where there were faint scars. Jack felt chills run up his spine and ripped his arm away from Ralph. He gave him a look of warning. Ralph returned soft eyes.

~

On the day of the meeting, Ms. Moore came. Jack strutted out of the back door of the cafe with such confidence that you'd think that he was famous. Everyone wore what you'd consider normal, except for Jack because he was that extra. A large yellow sparkly trench coat trailed to his mid-calf. His legs were suffocated by tight white jeans with a red belt. The outfit was topped off with pink aviator sunglasses.

Maurice contorted his face, "what the hell are you wearing."

Jack raised his arms, femininely, "we've gotta make a good impression. Besides, you're not any better."

Maurice, in fact, was better than Jack. The only obscure thing he was wearing was a rainbow t-shirt.

Maurice scoffed, "it's not my fault that it's June."

Roger chokes on nothing as Simon said, "he's right, you know."

The gang sat down. At an old rusty table that makes an irritable squeaker when you pulled the chair out.

"You look like Freddie Mercury if he were a drug dealer," remarked Roger.

"Oh shut up!"

Choir Island laughed warmly. Just a couple of bros trying to live out a dream. A raven haired girl sat down at their table. The chair screamed.

The lady that sat down had striking blue eyes and shoulder-length hair. She wore a black top that exposed her shoulders. A large brain tattoo drew your eyes from her dramatic makeup.

"Hello, I'm Megan Moore," her voice was formal yet a little bit squeaky, "you guys are..."

"Choir Island," Jack answered, "I'm Jack Merridew, Simon Mohan, Roger Black, and Maurice Wilson."

"Hello,"

"Hey,"

"Hi,"

Megan half-smiled at every single one of them.

She folded her arms on the reddish-gray table, "so, what makes you guys different from every other wannabe legends."

The boys looked at each other then at Megan. Jack kept a straight face. He leaned into the table.

"You know what makes us different?" He said, "we actually make good music. You see Kanye West and Cardi B? They make music but do they make you feel? Make you bop? We plan to bring a whole generation to life. Make them feel because you see the kids, and they don't feel. We'll help them."

Maurice noticed the improvisation, "you see the kids these days. The thing that brings them together is good music. We can bring them together."

Roger nodded, and Simon started smiling.

"For the kids," Simon chanted.

Jack's mouth rose to a grin and slammed the table, "yeah!"

Megan looked at them and smiled, "alright. If your next albums work out, then I plan for you guys to tour around America. How does that sound?"

Jack fell back in his cheap chair and bit at his nails, "we'll want more."

Megan opened her hands, "not every band gets more."

Maurice smirked, "not every band is Choir Island."

A/N: I thought of using Charlotte again for a side character but I though you guys would be tired of her so I used Megan instead