Chapter 53 - Ain't just about being fast

- - -

- - -

"Our intelligence suggests that Ramsey will be transported by an armed motorcade through the Caucasus mountain range.
If they clear this range and reach their destination,
Ramsey is as good as gone." Mr. Nobody explained as the teams were hovering over the interactive screen in front of them.

"So let me get this straight.
There's only one road that leads in or out, sheer drops on every side, a motorcade from hell protected by a small army from one mile in either direction?" Rome asked almost nervously rubbing his chin.

"Yeah, that's about it." Mr. Nobody answered.

"You done?" One of Nobody's men asked Rome.

"No, I'm not done." Rome protested starting to pace around.

So you all wanted me to break into a police station. Fine.
Then you asked me to stop a tank.

I wasn't happy about it, but I did it.

Then you came up with this brilliant idea to shoot down one of the largest airplanes ever." Rome continued.

"I shot that shit out of the sky. Mmm." Rome said, pretending to shoot in the air, making the rest of the team share a small chuckle.

"It's nothing. But this right here, my friend, happens to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard of in my life." Rome almost spat at the rest of them.

"I forgot that you were the only one to bring the plane down." Tej smirked, finally looking up from his phone.

"No, no. The only thing I've ever seen him take down was "No Knees" Denise.
Remember, at prom?" Brian asked with a huge smirk playing on his lips.

"Really, Brian? You're gonna do that right here?" Rome said glaring angrily at Brian who couldn't help but laugh together with Tej.

"See, y'all trying to get me off my point. All I'm saying is, I'm tired of everybody around me making all the decisions. This time, I lead.
Seriously. If I don't start making decisions, I'm out." Rome finally finished clearly frustrated by now.

"All right, Roman. What do you got?" Dom asked calmly, while his mind drifted off to the thought of Jess. He knew that and quickly would have picked up on Brian's comment and said something funny, before laughing her ass off with the boys.

"I mean, I wasn't trying to get into the
whole leadership thing, like, now.

You know what I'm saying?
I was just, kind of, talking about, like, at some point. Like, you know, when we..." Rome trailed off, making Brian and Tej shake their heads. Rome finally had enough.