Chapter 25 - Back Together

- - -

- - -

It was nice being around Dom again.
I felt so safe, calm and happy again.

After spending 5 years apart, you really appreciate all the small things like sleeping together, cuddling, the small kisses and just being together, doing normal every day stuff.

It looked like we all slowly found together again.
Dom and Brian worked together as a team, while Brian and Mia seemed to get closer again. It almost felt like we were a family again.

Brian went off to propose his and Dom's plan, to the FBI, which they agreed on. They wanted to lure Braga into a trap, using the money they stole from him.

Mia had to leave for work, leaving me alone with the boys at their hiding place.

We were working on the Subaru.
Just like old times, as Brian always said.

Dom took out his phone and called their contact person, Gisele who was also the contact person, when Letty and I was running for Braga.

Dom put the phone on speaker so Brian could listen.

"Yes." Gisele said on the other end as she picked up the phone.

- "It's Dom."

"I was just thinking about you. You know, when I gave you my number, I was hoping you'd call. But not under these circumstances." She said.

I felt the jealousy and anger boil inside me. I was used to girls hitting on my boyfriend, but I still hated it.

"What circumstances? Me being alive?" Dom said harshly.

"Don't take it personaIIy. It's just business." She answered.

"I got some business of my own. Get Campos." Dom ordered.

"Uh-huh." A man said on the other end, after a moment of silence.

"Was that how Braga inspires loyalty? Killing his drivers?" Dom asked harshly.

"One can always find more drivers. It's just good business." Campos said.

"l want to trade." Dom said coldly.

- "Braga doesn't negotiate."

Dom scoffed.

"Fine. You explain to him how all of a sudden $60 million worth of product disappears. I know that can't be good for business." Dom said smirking.

There was a small pause on the other end.

"What do you want?" Campos asked.

"Six million cash, delivered by Braga himself." Dom said, making Campos laugh.

"I don't like being shot at. I ain't gonna put my neck out again unless he's got something to lose, too." Dom said.

- "He'll never go for it."