Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

He felt like he was suspended in a void of nothingness for who knew how long, time had no meaning there and though he could still think in a way about many things those thoughts seemed to slip through his fingers as if they were nothing more than whisps of smoke. He knew he had to go back...back?... back where he wondered almost confused with himself not certain what that thought even represented in such a place where nothing had meaning...he felt like he was floating in a sea of nothingness and almost everything became meaningless until he suddenly felt a warmth surrounding him startling him before it was gone again and he forgot about it as if it had never happened.

The next time he became aware of something it felt rather odd seeing as he was certain that he knew nothing just a few moments before that or was it hours he didn't actually know but he did know that someone was shouting, "That idiot!, I am going to make sure he lives and then I am going to strangle him." 'I know who that is...don't I?' he wondered almost lazily before he slipped back into the void once more not certain anymore what was what or who was who.

Another time he found himself aware of things again he found himself struggling to get whatever had a hold of him to let go because he could hear A-Yuan crying... 'Yes, that's who it is...A-Yuan my son he is crying.' He thought feeling like he was about to panic if he wasn't released from whatever held him only for the sound of the cry to fade even as he struggled, 'No don't take him away.' He thought almost desperately but no one seemed to hear him, of course, it didn't occur to him that he wasn't speaking it out loud. Of course that no longer mattered when as soon as the sound of A-Yuan crying disappeared he was yanked helplessly back into the void.

Once again he didn't know how long he had been trapped by the blackness when he once again found himself aware but everything seemed to be like he was hearing it through water it was all garbled and muffled but he could make out a few keywords that alarmed him, "No one is to touch my patient besides me Second young master I don't care how skilled they are they don't know how to treat him anymore..." This time he knew who was talking and he wanted nothing more than to jump up and clamp his hand over her mouth just so she would stop talking, her words would bring more questions then he wanted her to answer.

"Sister..." he heard another familiar voice try to stop her but she snapped at him, "Don't sister me, he is the one who decided to be an idiot knowing what he couldn't do and yet the moment he sees someone in distress he pulls the hero and forgets his own limitations."

"What limitations?" this time he knew without a doubt who's voice that was and he was so angry with himself that he couldn't reach out or draw closer to the sound, 'Lan Zhan...Lan Zhan don't ask please don't ask.' He would have panicked had he had any control over anything but he could only lay there helplessly as his questions were answered as if he hadn't been screaming at him, which technically he hadn't been he had been thinking it but to him, it was still upsetting that Lan Zhan couldn't hear him, "He cannot wield a sword anymore especially not a cultivator's sword, he should not draw on so much resentful energy when he is tired because it could hurt him far more than if he is entirely aware of himself."

"Why?" he heard Lan Zhan question his voice hard and he heard the slight panic in his voice.

"You haven't noticed, I heard you haven't left his side since you found him." she ended up taunting instead of answering him.

"If you didn't notice we have been in the middle of a war, so I doubt any of us would have seen much of anything wrong with him." he heard his brother growl before he snapped back, "So tell us Wen Qing why can't he wield his sword."

'No, don't tell him you promised you wouldn't tell him of all the people not him!' he screamed in his mind trying desperately to reach someone.

Suddenly he found himself relieved when Wen Qing seemed to finally hear him or at least remember her promise because she said firmly, "Unfortunately I made a promise that I have to keep, as his doctor I have to keep his confidence or he would never trust me again."