I want to protect you Wei Ying

First I need to point out that not only do I not own the characters of this story but I am using the base from the original story to give it my own spin to satisfy my own muses as they demand. The cover photo also is not mine but I am borrowing it for the purpose of this story.
I hope you enjoy it and please leave comments to let me know if you wish to see more.
For entertainment purposes only I will be gaining nothing but enjoyment from this and hopefully others will enjoy it as well.
I will warn you also that this is going to be very dark on many parts and could be hard for some people to handle as well as many adult situations and language thus I will be rating it explicit for later chapters and themes.
————————————————————————
Prolog

"Come back to Gusu with me." The sentence rang in his ear's piercing his heart with all the implications of such a sentence. He looked into the golden eyes as he stood there uttering the only words that could possibly condemn him and he felt his eyes sting with the thought that it had come down to this with them.

"Why would I do such a thing..." he flinched at the pain in his own voice as he said this and felt his ire rise the moment several possibilities ran through his head at what could possibly be meant by his suggestion before he scoffed, "I don't belong where there is a rule for every little thing you do...I will not be condemned for something I have no choice about." He flinched again realizing with that little sentence that he had more than likely given more away then he had intended to and he quickly looked away snapping his mouth shut to keep himself from saying any more.

"No!" that one word uttered so loudly from the man in front of him startled him beyond anything else that had happened before and he found himself looking at him again his eyes wide in alarm, "No...What do you mean no."

"I don't want to condemn you...I won't even make you follow the rules..." he saw his ear's turning red as his words failed him making him look away which of course suddenly had him intrigued making him forget for a moment where they were and how this was not exactly the best place to be discussing such things. Slowly he walked over to him trying but failing several times to get the man in front of him to look at him until finally, a smile broke across his features as he exclaimed, "Lan Zhan, look at me!"

He did almost immediately his eyes widening slightly at seeing the smile on his lips, "You can't just say something like that and not finish your sentence it's not fair to me." He pointed out the smile not leaving his lips while his head tilted slightly, "Some come on Lan Zhan use your words and tell me why you want me to go to Gusu if it is not to condemn me for my choice?" 'Choice...right what choice did I have...' he scoffed inwardly while he managed to keep his gaze firmly placed on Lan Zhan who seemed to be going through an internal struggle of some sort before he blurted out, "I Want to protect you...Wei Ying." The fact that Lan Zhan had said his name with such tenderness had his heart doing an odd sort of flip flop in his chest. Then what he said finally hit him and he ended up stumbling where he stood choking on the air as he stared at him with wide eyes then he managed to choke out a little bewildered by his confession, "Umm, perhaps we can continue this later...this is not exactly the right time to be discussing what I will be doing later...and umm..." he trailed off for a moment upon Jiang Chang clearing his throat and motioning to the two Wen's in the room, one who had passed out from sheer fright while the other was barely managing to breathe because of Zidian being wrapped around his throat as he was hung from a pillar tips of his boots barely touching the floor.

It took him a moment to gather himself enough to know what he would have to do bracing himself for the darkness that would soon envelop him because of what he had to endure for not only three months but also what had done to the only family he fully remembered. One thing became quickly apparent as he stood there trying to call upon what had been his main focus since he had been thrown into the burial mounds three months prior. Lan Zhan's presence seemed to have a soothing effect on his senses which in one part of him he understood having come to terms with the fact that he had come to see him as the other half of his soul the moment he had fought him for the first time it became even more apparent the effect's that his presence had on him especially when he was hyper-aware of eyes boring holes into the back of his head as he glared at Wen Zhuliu but also when Lan Zhan stepped a little closer to him the smell of Sandlewood filled his nose washing over him something that had somehow become something he had begun to associate with safety which alarmed him slightly.