Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE: the river's edge

>❣lιттle do yoυ ĸnow>❣

PETER O'MALEY HAS BEEN FRIENDS WITH ARCHIE ANDDREWS, SINCE HE MOVED TO RIVERDALE AT FIVE YEARS OLD. has been friends with Archie,since he moved to Riverdale,which Peter was five. Since Peter was seven,he has had liked Archie. But,now,now was not the time to admit his feelings for the red headed boy. The story that Peter has heard,was one that was unbelieved.

Jason Blossom,The captain of the swimming team,had drowned. Now it was either ironic,terrible luck,or a lie. Or possibly just the first two. But,Peter didn't believe he was dead. Nobody was found in the body of water,even though he had drowned. Now,how does that make sense?

As lot was going on, Jason Blossom died. Veronica Lodge moved into Riverdale. School was starting up again.

Now,normally Peter would be hanging out with Jughead. As,Jughead was the only one who knew of Peter's crush on Archie. But,today,Peter had decided to tag along with Archie and Betty. And man,with the way Betty looked at Archie,he wish he hadn't.

Peter was,at the beginning,listening to Archie's words. But,now? All he could think about was the fact that Betty was looking at Archie,possibility the same way Peter was. And he didn't want people to know of his crush. Although,they had just started speaking.
"So,what's the highlight?"

Peter grabbed his burger,sticking a couple of fries in the cheeseburger. Archie raised an eyebrow at the boy,shaking his head and smiling before lookingback to Betty.
"Of my internship? The Toni Morrison book release party organized,by far. At the end of the night,Toni Morrison,who is,as you know,my literary hero,says to me... "don't rush this,Betty. It goes by so fast at your age. One summer can change everything."

Betty smiled,happy at the words and memory. Both her and Archie were smiling,but Peter just took a bite of his burger and then continued to try to catch up and think.
"I don't understand why people speak fast,it helps with nothing."

The red head and blond ponytail turned to face the boy,Betty with a kind-of-annoyed look while Archie smiled. Once swing the two look,Peter ducked his head.
"Sorry,I-I didn't realize I was speaking out loud, again. I'll leave."

Betty's face softened, although neither of them knew why, Peter always had a problem in thinking. As if,in some way,he couldn't think straight or control his thoughts. Betty put her hand on his shoulder, gently squeezing, but stopping when he shut his eyes tight.

Betty yanked her hand away, as if she and him had been burned. Both of them stared at the boy for a moment,not knowing what to do or say now. But Peter just shook his head,putting on a smile and looking up at Archie. Who had a sad smile for his friend.
"I'm-um,Archie,how was your summer? We could see,it was...exhausting."