Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO:  touch of evil

[☾★ ]Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ[☾★ ]

PETER O'MALEY HADN'T KNOWN WHAT TO SAY OR DO SINCE THE DISCOVERY OF JASON BLOSSOM'S MURDERED BODY. He hadn't known Jason, other, than speaking to the other one time, asking for notes for a class he missed. So, of course, he had been shocked and sadden to hear that Jason was dead. But, not in a way he would if it has been one of his friends.
Just, in a 'he was young' kinda way.

"Good morning, students. This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquires about the upcoming pep rally. So, let me starts clearly, it is happening, as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." Principal WeatherBee spoke through the speakers.

There was a second of silence. Before Sheriff Tom Keller's voice is overheard on the speaker instead. "Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found mags Saturday night. So, as if the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation."

"Neither I nor my parents," Cheryl's voice sounds. "until Jason's death is avenged. And his cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag Riverdale strong."

Peter halted up at the speaker, he found the way Cheryl spoke odd and annoying. Mostly annoying.

"If you know anything," Tom's voice comes back. "that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer or anything that happed  to him on July fourth. I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You speak with me or principal Weatherbee. A death like this wounds us all.  Let's not let Jason down."
[☾★ ]Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ[☾★ ]

Peter had been upset when he discovered his class schedule and he hadn't been in the chemistry class with the rest of his friend group, which, apparently, Archie took that has a; leave his own class early to get to Peter's besides the bell rung.

So, Peter was already sitting at the table with Archie.

"Part of me wishes he would stay in the damn closet," Kevin says, making both Archie and Veronica tense up. Betty paused in her walk to the table. "Obviously I didn't mean literal closet."

"Archie,"  Veronica says, smiling as she sits down. "Any new material you wanna try  out on a very forgiving audience."

"I..." Archie stammered, shaking his head.

"Please?" Veronica pointedly asked.

"Would you?" Betty softly questioned, placing her tray on the table.  "I'd love to hear it."