chapter 2

(James POV)

     When my mate Mia explained that to me I got really quiet. She then said really softly, "Nevermind." She just closed her eyes giving up. I even saw a tear slip out of her eye. I look at my Beta's sister - our pack doctor - and used mind link to talk with her.

     'Does that mean she was homeless?' I ask her.

     'Yes. I got that impression. If she is that uncomfortable on the bed then let's make a bed on the floor without the mattress. If you want her to stay then you need her to be comfortable. She even said we can get connected to the machines.' She told me softly. She really cared for her Luna. I nod my head.

     'Carson. Come to the hospital room please.' I call out for him through the link. He walks in and waits for me to tell him. 'I need you to help your sister make a bed on the floor next the hospital bed. Jasmine I will pick my mate up and you move the hospital bed into an empty room for now.' They nod their heads and got to work. I pick my mate and wait for the make shift bed to be made.

     'Okay Alpha. It's ready.' I look down to see a make shift bed on the floor. Jasmine disconnected the wires before I set her on the make shift bed. The hospital bed was moved and all three of us gently moved her make shift bed to be closer to the machines. She was connected again to the machines.

     'We should let her sleep.' I said to them and we walked out. I went to my office, Jasmine went to hers and Carson stood watch at her door. I laid down on the couch in my office and dozed off. I got woken up to someone knocking on my office door. I get up and open the door. I see my patrol guard Frank Smith. "What's up Frank?" I ask as I let him into the office. I sit down behind my desk as he sits down on the couch.

     "I found my mate. It's your sister." He told me.

     "I am going to take a guess and say that she doesn't know." I ask him and he nods his head. I smile as an idea comes to mind. It tends to be scary when I have ideas come to me out of no where. "I have an idea and this will help you out." So i explained the idea to him and his whole face lit up. He left happy and started working on the idea.

     'Alpha. Luna is awake.' I hear over the link. I leave my office and head towards the room she is in. I walk in and see she is sitting up. "How did you sleep?" I ask as I sit down on the ground near her but far enough away to give her space.

     "Good." She told me while yawning. "I had a dream and I know all about you guys." She says after yawning. "There is away to change me so I am not a human anymore." I knew there was away.

     "Are you okay with having the change done? There is no reversing the process once it is started." She nods her head. I scoot over to her and said, "I will have to bite you. It will hurt." She tilts her head to the side and waits.

     "I figured that much. I have been through pain before. I know how to endure the pain. Go ahead." She told me. I move hair out of the way before biting down on her shoulder area. I kept my teeth in even when she gasped. But she never screamed.

     I released the bite and it sealed up. I disconnected all the wires from her and removed the sling. She laid down and let the process take over. She still doesn't scream. She shifted into a pure black wolf that contradicts her hair color. She shook her fur out and stared at me. Then surprising me she shifted back with all her clothes still on. 

     "I think we need to go talk with the elders about this. You are the only one who can shift back with all your clothes on." As soon as I said that an elder just strolled on in. I tilited my head confused. She just smiled at me and bowed to my mate.

     "The moon goddess visited with me last night stating that there will be a royal blood wolf back into the wolf world. Her name is Mia Ferrera and she is the mate of the Alpha of this pack. I came to confirm that you are indeed royal." She explained as Mia stood up.