Anne

Summary: Post "Anne" when Buffy came to LA to find herself, only have to rescue some girls. What if one of those girls was someone she knew from high school?

A/N: Doyle never died. Doyle is still having a crush on Cordelia. Kate knows about the supernatural.

It was a dark night, as Buffy looked around at the girls. They were all trapped including herself. They had to get out. She knew it. But there was a gaping hole in front of the entrance where they would be eaten if they fell in. And face it. She was the only Slayer in this place as far as she knew.

She looked around at the girls. As she did so, she saw someone from high school she recognized. But she wasn't fully the same. As much as she could see, anyway. The girl had her head down, staring at the ground and rocking to and fro, arms around herself. She was a mess. It looked like she had been here for a very long time. Then she looked closer. She was staring at a picture. Her heart went out to the brunette. The picture was of her and Xander in junior year.

Buffy had already gotten to know the girls that she had never seen before, so they now knew her too. Just not the whole Slayer gig thing.

The girls she didn't know much about were Amanda, Amy, Delilah, Rose, and Lily.

The blond Slayer strode silently up to her former acquaintance.

Back in high school they had been acquaintances, and at times, kinda-sorta enemies. But she had saved the Drama Queen time and time again; no matter how much they had gotten on each other's nerves.

She knelt down in front of her.

"Cordelia?"

"Buffy?"

She stopped rocking and lifted her head to look at the former cheerleader.

"Hey. I'm here now. It's going to be okay," the blond ex-cheerleader assured her in a soft tone.

"Thank God. You don't know how terrible it's been for me. For us. I didn't know what would happen. If anyone would come find us. I tried to find a way out at first, but then I gave up. I don't think they know what has happened. Just get me out of here. All of us. I can't stand it any longer," she said.

The Slayer took her hands in hers gently.

"Don't worry. We'll find a way out."

"Promise?" she asked with a hint of hope.

"Promise. Do you think you can jump over that hole? It's the only way out."

"I can try."

"Good. Come on. We'll go together."

Cordelia grabbed the picture and put it in her jeans pocket.

"Yeah. Let's go."

Buff helped her to her feet and they walked over to the hole holding hands. Then they jumped and made it over.

"Come on. Jump. We'll catch you," Buff called over to the girls.

So one by one they did, making it.

"Now let's get out of here," Cordelia announced.

The girls departed to go home, while Cordelia and Buffy walked side by side down the sidewalk.

Suddenly, they saw a cop car try avoiding a zombie and it rolled into the middle of the road. A bunch of zombies started walking towards the car.

"I'll get to the car. I think that's officer Kate Lockley. Someone Angel, Doyle, and I met. A friend. She knows about a little bit of the supernatural. You can do your Slayer thing," Cordelia told her, and then ran towards the car yelling "Kate!"

As she knelt down beside the car, the Chosen One fought and killed the zombies one, sometimes two at a time.

"Kate?" she called softly, as she crawled carefully inside the upside down car. Sure enough, she had been right. Kate lay on her back, glass shattered all over her from the shattered windshield and car door windows. When she got closer, she saw blood on her right temple from a wound. There was also a shard glass in her lower left leg. Cordelia's mom had been a nurse, so she knew what she had to do.

"Kate."

The officer was still conscious. She looked up at her.

"Cordelia, she said softly.

"Hold on. Hang in there."

Cordy gently pulled her out, arms under hers.

Once out, she layed her gently onto the ground.

"You have a piece of glass in your leg. I'm gonna have to pull it out. Okay?"

Kate nodded a tiny bit.

Cordy took her jacket off and then swiftly pulled the glass out and tossed it aside. She then wrapped her own jacket around her leg to keep her from losing any more blood from her leg.

"Okay. Let's check on Buffy. She's Angel's ex and the Sunnydale Vampire Slayer. She's taking care of the zombies for us. I don't know why she's here but she saved me," she told the officer of five years, as she put an arm around her, helping Officer Lockley to her feet. She then retrieved the officer's purse and gun from the car for her before looking around for her life saver.

She looked up to see that the zombies were dead. Chopped to pieces. She also saw a vampire grab Buffy from behind and bite her before she could react. The Slayer couldn't fight back. She was helpless. Cordy saw it as her job to save her.

Cordy gave Kate her gun and purse, before grabbing a pointy piece of wood from the ground and sneaking up behind it, leaving the cop alone. Cordy then staked him, dropping the stake and quickly catching her under her arms. She held her in her arms on her knees, as Kate limped over towards them. As she held her in her arms, she felt for a pulse.

Cordy looked up.

"She's alive. Let's get her to the Hyperion. Angel will want to know that she's here and that I'm okay. Plus, your leg needs taken care of."

A few minutes later they walked in, Kate limping, Cor with an arm around the unconscious Slayer.

"Angel!" she called.

She looked at Kate.

"Why don't you sit down? I'll get Buffy on the couch."

She gently layed Buffy down, as Kate sat in Cordy's chair. Cor then sat down beside her and took her hand in hers.

"Buffy, if you can hear me, I'm gonna help you. I'm gonna get Angel if he's here. If not, I'll get Doyle. Just don't die on me. Not like this."

Just then, Doyle came downstairs.

"Princess, you're safe."

"Doyle. Thank God. Where's Angel?"

"He left."

"Well, I need you to help me. You take care of Kate. I'll see to Buffy."

"Yes, Princess."

An hour later, everybody was fine.

Cordy left with Buffy to go back to Sunnydale, telling Doyle not to tell Angel about Buffy unless he asked. So everybody lived happily ever after.