Is This Love? (Chapter 1)

Hi everyone! So this is my first story I've shared with people. Any help is much appreciated and I hope you all read past this chapter, it's not a cliche love story, I promise!! -Danie

The moment I laid my eyes on him at soccer practice, I knew that there was something special about him. I couldn't help but constantly look at him and notice that he would look at me often too and every time he did, I felt as if I always ended up smiling like an idiot. However, today my luck kicked in and our coaches wanted my girls to scrimmage his guys. I was beyond excited!

It wasn't long before me and him were going up against each other. He was showing off and so was I. I was not fully convinced that he was showing off just for me. He kept looking at my teammate, Kimmie, the same way.

"You have some skill." He complimented me when we had a moment to catch our breath. His voice was still in the early stages of preteen years and his hair was long enough to swoop half way over his icy blue eyes.

I smiled shyly "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I pushed my bangs out of my face and looked up at him. He was taller than me, but not by much.

"Thanks. I'm Michael, by the way."

Before I could tell him my name, my teammate, Kimmie had passed me the ball. He watched her for a moment. As he was watching her, I watched him. When his attention was focused back on me, I took no time and attempted to recieve the pass but before I did, one of his teammates had committed a foul on me, knocking me to the ground. The fall had knocked the breath of out me, but I tried not to show. In return, the coaches had given me a direct kick at the mid field line, which meant I had a chance to show off and score I knew I had the leg too.

I took a few steps back and evaluated the players in front of me and the position of the keeper in the goal. I took a deep breath and took the shot. My shot flew through the air smoothly and ended up sailing just over the goal.

All the guys were hooping and hollering about my missed shot. I felt a wave of embarrassment as I looked over at Michael.

"That was a nice shoot though. I didn't happen to catch your name?"

"Well thanks. I'm Addison...." Before  I could barely tell him my name, I was interrupted by the sound of Michael's coach yelling.

"Michael! Stop talking and stay focused! You play in games like you practice! Now get it together!" Michael's coach yelled at him. I felt bad for getting him in trouble.

I avoided challenging him if possible but it was nearly impossible. It seemed as if he was avoiding me too, but we couldn't avoid each other forever. Eventually we had to go up against each other and every time we did, it seemed as if we purposly pushed the other. The only thing that made me different than him is that every time he did push or shove he would always make sure I was ok, like I was a baby and couldn't take being pushed.

After practice i was getting my soccer stuff together when I noticed Michael headed my way. I had just met him and my heart was already racing at the sight of him. I was the type that didn't believe at love at first sight.

"Addison!" He called. "Hey. That was a pretty good game. You and your girls aren't that bad." He complimented my team.

I could feel myself blush and I was hoping he hasn't noticed. "Thanks. Ya know it ok that you got beat by a team of girls." I joked with him playfully.

He shrugged his shoulder. "Eh at least some of the girls were cute. So it's ok." He flashed his white smile. I was caught off guard when I saw him glancing at Kimmie.