Chapter 0: Prologue

Start from the beginning

Finally, when he was about to walk out of his room, his gaze fixed on a crooked wooden stick, which was seven inches long, sitting on a table not too far from him - his wand. The wand was filled with various magical spells. Most of a witch or wizard's magic was stored into the wand, which could be made of any desired material. But they could keep the magic within themselves too, if they wanted for there was absolutely no harm in doing so. Still, they decided to follow the former rule for centuries and it had become tradition.

And it had become one of Adrawix's mistake as well.

He had left without his source of the most powerful spells, his wand.

*****

The visit did not go as planned. Hell, it went horribly wrong.

It seemed as though, Benjamin had been expecting the Leader. That was not new, however. During their years of friendship, and a few years of being enemies, they had given each other many surprise visits for many important meetings as heads.

Just when Adrawix had set only one foot into the room, Benjamin stopped him and told him not to come in any further - as if he was some distorted, disgusting thing. It didn't take Adrawix any longer to realise that the Master was a believer of those gross rumors, those horrible lies and suspected that he was the cause of such disaster.

The Master hadn't been the one spreading them, however. He truly believed the rumors as he saw them with his own eyes - so he claimed. He then proceeded to go in detail about what he had witnessed.

He mentioned several situations; one where he saw a wizard raping a woman, a human, one where he witnessed a murder, one where he saw this and one where he saw that. All of the odds turned against Adrawix.

But the wise Leader didn't doubt the foolish Master's statements for a second as he said them. He had known the latter for long and knew how much truth could be carried even in a simply slight change of the tone of his voice. In this case, it was entirely true.

How the hell did he see what he saw? My people haven't done anything. Adrawix desperately tried to think of a reason. He stopped listening to what Benjamin had to further say and kept thinking. Before he knew it, he did something very, very bad. He might have had a chance to be spared until then, but now that was gone.

Adrawix, in a daze, lost his self-control, letting his panic get the best of his magic and shot a mortal blow of magic out of his hand. Startled, the Leader gained back his composure, but the damage was already done - although Benjamin had avoided the blow.

"You..." Benjamin managed to say, also startled.

Adrawix only stood there, without speaking a single word and let himself be taken away, be captivated.

Getting out of that situation would've been no big deal for him, if he had his wand. Using his wand he could've gone back in time, changed Benjamin's mind - which was a power he still had to master however, or do something. Dammit, he could've done something with his wand!

But there he was - trapped when his people needed him. He took this time to think about what the hell was going on. Wizards or witches had never done anything. Benjamin hadn't started the rumors either. So, there was only one weird and crazy possibility left. "It's all the humans' plan?" The Leader muttered to himself. "But, why? I didn't know they hated us this much. The peace treaty meant nothing to them..."

As he kept on thinking, soon, the night passed and so did a few days of captivity.

*****

"I'm so sorry for doing this, Adrawix."

"It's okay, Vi, it's not your fault." Adrawix reassured the former, his beloved.

It was after the sentencing, the time of banishment. The fairies had gathered beside the huge mansion for the banishment. There was dread on the blur of hundreds of faces - both on wizards' and on witches'. They didn't know where they were to be sent to - a volcano? A sewer? Hell? These were the kind of silly thoughts that went in everybody's head.

Meanwhile, a fairy, the Mistress of the fairies, had flown out of the group and bent down to hold Adrawix's chained hands. The fairy, who wore lavender colored frock that revealed her shoulders, on which her blond hair gracefully fell down and had violet, almost translucent wings, lamented, "I feel guilty for this." A tear dropped down from her emerald green eyes.

"Viola, my love..." the Leader had said, rather, mumbled no more as the Mistress had got up, almost abruptly, and started to chant. Adrawix was once again disappointed for the secrecy of their relationship. A fairy and a wizard? It was seen as a very controversial thing among fairies. The fairies had despised wizards almost as much as the humans did at that point - though exceptions like Viola had existed.

Soon a portal - leading to who-knows-where - had opened. In went the wizards and witches, with dread and tears in their eyes. Adrawix, the last to enter, had looked back to his former friend and, instead of regretful, sad glances, they shared a glare. After that the banishment had been complete. A roar was heard from Benjamin's direction as he left with satisfaction.

♤♡♢♧

Word Count: 2307