Chapter 0: Prologue

Start from the beginning

As Benjamin walked out of the doors of the mansion, he saw a blur of hundreds of those familiar faces, waiting to be banished. Several fairies had gathered to start the process of banishing the captives to an entirely different dimension - one from which they would never be able to escape.

One of the fairies stood out, rather, flew out of her group. With her blond hair dancing on her bare shoulders - as she wore an off the shoulder frock, green eyes and violet wings, fluttering, she chanted a few words and the rest followed. Then a portal opened. One by one, the witches and wizards were pushed into the portal, which lead to only-the-fairies-knows-where. The push was brutal; some even fell down, kissing the ground and some were even ran over, although unintentionally. Thankfully no one had died, nor were they going to die anytime soon.

Adrawix, the Leader, was the last to enter. Before entering the portal, however, he looked back towards a pair of grey and dull eyes, his own brown eyes filled with many emotions all at once - anger, sadness, rage, confusion, betrayed... the list could go on.

Benjamin didn't look away when his eyes met with his former friend. Instead he gave the Leader a glare from his car, which the latter returned as well. Then the process was complete and Benjamin, satisfied, drove off into the distance, leaving behind the fairies and the huge mansion.

*****

A couple of days prior, a nasty rumor broke out. Though the rumor had been quite silly, it spread faster than a blink among the three races. The humans believed it and the wizards obviously denied it. Only the fairies were as neutral as possible while still showing support towards the  wizards. But they were neglected on the will of none other than the great Master.

"What is it? Tell me immediately!" Adrawix demanded from his inferior, still unaware of the fire that was spreading. He was purposely kept away from this rumor.

"The humans..." the inferior panted - he had run all the way just to deliver the message, "they claim atrocious behavior by us!"

"Dear Lord, what could it be?" The Leader asked, terrified.

The messenger had told him everything. Apparently, the wizards had started an episode of total madness among humans; from making them personal servants and treating them mercilessly, to killing many to even raping several women. Many more disgusting rumors had started to peek but they didn't matter as much.

"What the fuck?!!" Adrawix, dreading and sweating tremendously, had almost screamed at the top of his lungs. That was the last thing he wanted to do as it was nighttime and he didn't want to wake up his beloved - who was sleeping in his room - or anyone else for that matter. A lot of his people still could've been unaware of the dire situation and he didn't want to let them know, at least not by waking them up with a scream, in the middle of the night.

Adrawix had said nothing else. He grasped his head in his hands, after indicating the messenger to leave, and dropped down on the chair near him. He gripped his hair so hard that he almost tore some strands from his head.

"What the hell do I do now?" He muttered under his breath. The wizard sat there, still as a statue, for a few minutes, trying to cook up an idea in his mind. But the only thing that seemed available to him was to talk to Benjamin himself. Surely his former friend, now mortal enemy, would help him out in some way, as a fellow Head, if not for the sake of their once friendship.

Adrawix didn't waste a moment; he quickly took off the robe he was wearing and put on some decent clothes - a full sleeve button up, pants and long coat. He took his bag, which didn't really serve a purpose, but he had still taken it out of habit.