Chapter 2

When I was younger, my mother use to put out the washing with the wind blowing blonde strands of her hair into shining swirls, she would hum a random melody which caused the crickets to stop chirping their repeated hum. Just to listen. Her voice was like a harp, delicate and soothing, it was a voice of a lullaby. She would look at peace. That was one of the many things that I admired about her.

She would have a smile as bright as the sun and her eyes would glisten like the ocean. Even though she was ageing, she would still hold that type of capturing beauty that would make everyone in a room to stop their constant chatter just to absorb her radiating happiness.

But, now she's gone.

At the moment, I really wish she was here, holding me in her arms, just like she did when I was young. By just being in her embrace, you'd feel like you're safe. Like there was nothing wrong in the world. How I long for that is also, one of the reasons why I admire her.

So this is why I'm currently hugging a picture of my mother to my chest, while staring into the night sky. My face emotionless. My mother once told me that everyone you love, that passes, have a star that becomes a symbol of why you love them. Because stars last for millions of years, and create an illusion of why you treasure them, and that in your lifetime, they'll always be there, and never leave you.

My mothers star is the brightest star in the sky, the sun, because it reminds me of her bright contagious smiles. A faint grin reaches my lips, as I remember her smiles. Who would have thought one of the most caring people in the world would be gone because of one little mishap?

A frown etches onto my face at the memory. A silent tear escapes my eyes. But I quickly wipe it away, I will not cry, not right now.

But I miss her. A lot.

I snap out of my daze, and think about the matter at hand.

Drew Vince knows my secret.

And F.Y.I., that is definitely not good.

One thing for sure is that I need to tell my best friend what has happened. I snatch my phone out of my school bag and quickly ring Lil.

After the first ring Lil picks up.

"What's wrong." She asks urgently.

"How do you know somethings wrong?" I ask, confused.

"Because you never ring me, unless it's an emergency." She states.

"Oh." I realised.

"So." She drags.

"Oh yeah! You know Drew?" I hurried back.

"Uhm, the guy who likes to think his bad?" She asks in a high pitch thinking voice.

"Mhm, well he knows who I am." I tell her.

"That's not good, what did you do to stop him from telling?" She asked accusingly.

"What makes you think I did anything?" I ask.

"You always do something." She replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Fine, I threatened that I'd kill him if he told anyone." I reply.

"Of coarse you did" she mutters under her breath.

"I heard that!" I raise my voice.

"I know you did." I imagined her rolling her eyes.

"Well what do I do?" I ask.

"Well, I say ignore him, and if he follows you, just tell him to rack off or, just break his arm I guess" she advises.